• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

head light issue

palskidoo

hey guys,

last summer my girl, EV, had a headlight go out and a coworker of mine was nice enough to give me a replacement as he also has the green fever. However, when i installed the light and turn it on i could see smoke form in the lens but the light worked for a while. Then a week or so later i noticed the bulb had burned out so i ran around with high beams on. Now the high beam is also burned out and i hate running around with one headlight. Could the replacement bulb i was given be bad or the wrong voltage? FYI when i first got the truck both head lights worked and soon after the same side blew out resulting in me getting one from the coworker as i mentioned.

Has anyone else had this problem? i dont want to keep buying bulbs to to have them blow out. Should i be looking for something special that may have caused the same failure on the same side of the truck?

Thanks

MtnSnow

Check the voltages at the headlight on the side that is burning out...If high start checking the charging system

ATPTac

It's possible you just got a bad headlight, it happens sometimes. I'd be more apt to say you have an issue if you had burned through several headlights. Not saying don't check your system, but it could just be a bum headlight.

Scarecrow1

I found that if one blows then the other one won't be on for very long. Its a sign that its time to order a new one. But Mntsnow said put a volt meter on it to verify the voltage ......

bigboy44

I had the same problem. I just got a 923A2 and after a week or so the light on the drivers side blew, I had a new one in the box so I installed it and it worked for 4 maybe 5 times and it blew. I took one out of another truck and put it in and it seems to be fine. I don't have a meter to check the voltage but if it happens again I will have it checked or invest in a meter. I hope this is helpful

fkowalski1942

Check and change the ground wire!! Make a new wire with soldered terminals to make sure you have a good contact with the chassis. Do it on both headlights and your problem is gone!!

Best Regards

MG2936

Check and change the ground wire!! Make a new wire with soldered terminals to make sure you have a good contact with the chassis. Do it on both headlights and your problem is gone!!

Best Regards
I'll second that. Had the same trouble on a five ton, finally put on new ground wires and that ended the burned out headlight problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks