• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

head sets in a deuce

A

A/C Cages

All 50 states have to allow both ears only if it falls under hearing impairment protection laws stated by the federal gov. This only falls under firetrucks, ambulance, cranes, ect.

Your military vehicles are expemt from this also if you have it licened as a Horseless carriage / fire fighting / military aparatus.

I will locate the actuall law # but im sure someone here already knows it.

jollyroger

Wow. Good thread guys. I am now subscribed.

I like using my David Clark headsets in the airplane. Would proly be good in this realm as well. But I am curious about the PFR headsets as then you can talk to everyone in the convoy or with ground guides. HMMMM. More research.[thumbzup]

A

A/C Cages

California Vehicle Code
27400. A person operating a motor vehicle or bicycle may not wear a
headset covering, or earplugs in, both ears. This prohibition does
not apply to any of the following:
(a) A person operating authorized emergency vehicles, as defined
in Section 165. (Including retired military and emergency vehicles).
(b) A person engaged in the operation of either special
construction equipment or equipment for use in the maintenance of any
highway.
(c) A person engaged in the operation of refuse collection
equipment who is wearing a safety headset or safety earplugs.
(d) A person wearing personal hearing protectors in the form of
earplugs or molds that are specifically designed to attenuate
injurious noise levels. The plugs or molds shall be designed in a
manner so as to not inhibit the wearer's ability to hear a siren or
horn from an emergency vehicle or a horn from another motor vehicle.

(e) A person using a prosthetic device that aids the hard of
hearing.

A

A/C Cages

I love it when rookie cops pull me over for no tags showing or headset wearing. They will never forget me when im done with them.

Billy Bobbed

Now you guys got me started looking.Does anyone have a buy it all store or is it better to buy all parts seperately.I have been looking on ebay and the net,not going to be cheap.I want to stay with the vic-1 intercom system.I found a place that sells some of the pieces,but shipping will probably be bad.

Army Radio Sales Co. - Home

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks