• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Head twister

bshupe

Well, from the searching I have done it is possible that I have come across a brand new problem that has never been addressed here.

I installed a brand new HAM radio (icom V-8000 75w max power) with a Larsen NMO-150 5/8 wave antenna and when I key the mic the glow-plug "wait" light comes on.

I have the radio wired 100% direct to the front battery to avoid any line interference to the radio and to be honest, I am still a little hesitant about getting too deep into the wiring on this truck. For the most part there are no problems with anything electrical (save for the turn indicators staying on) and so I am OK with just leaving it alone for now.

Any thoughts on this? Is the GP relay potentially actuated by a 2m radio signal?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks