• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Headed to Barstow 3/8

ODw/envy

I am headed to Barstow (from Tucson) this Tuesday (3/8/11). If you need something to go either way let me know I will try to help. Planning on leaving late Monday and will be back late Tuesday.

Ryan

ODw/envy

Well 1000 miles and 24 hours later and I am back with a range report. The weather is sunny and the wind is calm. If you are buying a 5 ton or larger then have a blast. If you are buying a deuce approach with caution. The ones in this weeks and next weeks auction that I saw are pigs.

Rating trailers 1-3, 1 being factory fresh and 3 being candidates for cheap cookware. I would give most of the trailers I saw a 2.25. There are several 3s. 1.5s are sparse.

Happy bidding,
Ryan

BadMastard

Ryan,

Thanks for the update. I'm actually looking at buying one of the a3's, and it's my first venture into having a MV. I know I'm asking a lot, but would you consider any of the A3's roadable? I would like to try driving one home, even though it's Utah. Any and all advice is welcome!

Jerry

wikallen

I love the wheels on your F250 Ryan. I was thinking about going the blackout route on mine which is white.

ODw/envy

Hey Jerry,

I certainly can not make any guarantee, but if I had the resources I would not hesitate to buy one with the intension of driving it home. I would want to have the tools and supplies to do the required maintenance and safety tests. If you have the know how to field prep one then I would go for it. They all appeared serviceable, but I could not take a lot of time with any of them.

Ryan

ODw/envy

I love the wheels on your F250 Ryan. I was thinking about going the blackout route on mine which is white.
Thanks,

They are recentered 12 bolt HMMWV wheels w/ mil OZs and rubber runflats. I really like the combo. If I were to do it again though, I would go with spacers and stock HMMWV wheels.

Ryan

ryker725

I'd love to get one of the A3's from there. They all look like they are in very good condition. I'm not in a position to buy another one just yet..

BadMastard

Ryan,

Thanks, that's great information. I was looking at transport cost, and it was ugly. I'll bring a full tool kit with me, and probably some filters, a roll of duct tape, and some safety wire.

Jerry

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks