• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

headed to Knob Creek KY

Roaddog58

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Headed to Knob Creek Machinegun Shoots, from here 500+ miles, 45mph :recovry4x4: Back roads for sure. 1971 M35A2 w/w Mother-Deuce, I pray for a great trip, will tell more after we get home!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the roads. They had one wash out that is going to affect the shoot, so I hear anyways.
If that's so, it's happened before. A couple of years ago the bridge on the main road washed out and I think they had to cancel the whole thing.

The bridge is commonly under water in the wet season.
The bridge collapsed a few years back due to a logging truck hitting a structural member. The bridge and truck went down.

FloridaAKM

The bridge has been replaced with a new high water concrete bridge that is a vast improvement over the old one. The last time I was over it was back in October of 2014, so it should be fine now. Just pray for little or no rain during the event & all is good. The muddy parking lot is the biggest problem now if there is lots of rain.

68hunter

We are hoping to go to that sometime as well, it looks like a great time. Our gun laws are so idiotic up here that if a firearm even looks scary it gets restricted or classed as prohibited. Glad to see there is still a place to have great events like this. Driving to a machine gun shoot in a military truck also has to be one of the best excuses for a road trip I have ever heard.

joshs1ofakindxj

I've been going to the fall shoot for 3 years now, such a good time with like minded people. I was going to hit the spring shoot this year for the first time but I need to save my money for the gun show up here to get reloading components and there is a USPSA match Sunday. I guess I should try to drive the deuce down there for the fall shoot for the heck of it!

FloridaAKM

I started going in the fall of 08 with a group from Florida. We take the main group & add in a newbie each trip in the fall so as to share the experiance. Some people drop out due to other things in life, but most of the core group still keeps going. Its always something new & gotta have stuff for the collection. I have met some folks I know, but most are just faces in the crowd. Driving the Deuce up there is out of the question as it is right @ 800 miles. If I was retired, it would be an option, but it is always take off work during a plant shutdown for a few days & be back @ work on a Monday. The plant shutdowns are mandantory work days, but I seem to get a pass from the Boss every year. The Huey experiance is the biggest thrill of the trip, but have to love flying in them with the doors open in the cool fall weather...............This year the Georgia Rally may shutdown the Knob Creek Trip............

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been going to the Fall shoot there every year for the last 10 and it is always a learning experience and it can get expensive, last time I went I shot a model 51 HK of course I then had to have one! OUCH! If anybody has any interest what so ever in class III weapons you really need to experience the shoot, it is truly nothing less than AMAZING!
KK

DevRev

Found at the front, owner of knob Creek owns it. Got permission to jump in it and get a picture.

Tried to go back to the camping area because I was tipped off that some deuces were hiding back there. I saw one but couldn't go back there without a camping pass. Also took pictures of another MV and a chopper

FloridaAKM

That deuce wrecker is always there during the machinegun shoot along with a few other assorted vehicles, both US & German. The CUCV you pictured is up the dirt road going by the helipad on the way to the camping area. A tree limb seems to have fallen on it & broken the right side of the windshield & dented the post attached to it, it has been parked there for about a year. The helicopter #369 is one of two they have as a flying example, #803 (Warrior 11) is the other slick that they use to sell rides to when the weather is not rainy or high winds. Thanks for posting those pictures as it makes me have to make the decision this October as to whether to go back to Knob Creek or go to the Georgia Rally for the first time with the crew.......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks