• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heading to the East Coast

Crazyls2

So an after action report.

-217 gallons of diesel
-3 nights in hotels
-4 days on the road.
-1,123 miles traveled
-$320.00 in roadside mechanics fees
-$60.00 oil line
-5 gallons of engine oil
-3 vehicles almost ran over
-1 failed fan clutch solenoid, that I unplugged so I had the fan on the whole trip. That did not do my ears any favors
-Several boys waving and giving thumbs up 👍
-Arrived in Charleston around 3PM today (Friday)

I got lucky because it had been exceptionally hot for the past couple of weeks. A cold front passed through and I rode it all the way through.

These trucks are painfully loud. I had noise canceling headphones and hearing protection. It helped but I might be deaf for a week.

I figured out somewhere about half way home if I push in the knob and turn it one quarter of a turn the air ride on the cab works. Wish I knew that in the face 550 miles lol.

Seriously a big thank you to those that chimed in along the way and to those that offered to help. I look forward to being able to do the same for someone else later on.

The cab also has a water feature, they probably charged extra for that.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks