• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Headlight circuit changed

Jackel44

I was having problems just like most people here, with their 30 amp headlight fuse getting hot. After I cleaned the terminals I thought of using relays (like it has been discussed before). I simply added 2 relays in the circuit. The best part is if I want to put it back, due to a bad relay or something, I can just unplug it from relay and back into original circuit.

Headlight.jpg

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good job!!!

Very similar to the LMC headlight harness upgrade. It taps into the battery instead of your terminal block you added.

cpf240

That is correct, except I can use my stock lights, go back to stock wiring in seconds, and I did it for next to nothing.
Just a note here... the LMC wiring kit changes nothing in the stock wiring. To convert back, simply unplug the LMC harness from the headlight plug and bulbs, then reconnect the stock headlight plugs to the headlight bulbs.

Jackel44

Did you cut the diode on the horn relay to eliminate the crossed circuit to the headlight system? I do this on all of the CUCV trucks I rebuild and also remove the capacitor on the horn in the grille.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...fuse-melting&p=1336844&viewfull=1#post1336844
I enjoyed reading about the horn modification. I have a working horn, but I will place that modification on the list once I get all the other planed mods finished. Just thinking out loud, their should be a list of all mods one should do with a sock cucv.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks