• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Headlight Grounding

cptd

I have been searching for a solution to my brake light problem, and though this is an old thread, this seems to be the best place to start.

I have no brake lights, period.

I have checked continuity on the brake light switch, it is good. I have checked for power on both sides at the rear of the vehicle at the bullet connectors near the rear bumper, I have power on one of the three posts and coninuity on the ground. I have no power going to the brake light post. I have checked and cleaned and reset every ground I can find, front, rear, and in between.

I have checked and cleaned every connection that I can trace. I get lost between the brake light switch and the outbound side of the fuse box.

I have to drive to work in the dark everyday, and have nearly been rear-ended at least half a dozen times in the last three weeks.

I am tempted to run a jumper from the switch straight to the brake light (a previous owner did this, but did a poor job that affected the turn signals and markers), but I know that is only a temporary fix.

Short of pulling the steering wheel and replacing the turn signal switch, where else can I search for a fix to this?

Thanks for whatever assistance you may be able to provide.

CPTD

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks