• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Headlight issue!?! Any ideas?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So I got in the 923A1 to go to work last night and noticed that one headlight wasn't as bright as the other so I swapped in a replacement one I had that is new and still the same result. But now the headlight bright light is always on and when I hit the bright lights it gets brighter. The warning light wasn't on with the old lamp. Any ideas? When I bought the truck the drivers side light was out but the passengers was bright. Put the drivers side in and the passengers side went dim.

Passenger dim is regular lighting. Drivers dim is on bright setting. Maybe I wired back in wrong? Could have swore I put em back in the same spot unless they were out of order to begin with?

Attachments

MtnSnow

probably miss wired before you got it. If you want to double check here is the correct wiring info:

Wire # 17 is the High beam, #18 is the Low beam and #91 is the ground

turnkey

Looks like that be the fix...Easy enough to do...Took our MV for service..Left front headlight was out ...They replaced it and we had the same thing happen to us...So we checked the wireing and they had it mixed up also.

Scrounger

Start with the simple. Check to make the sure wires are connected correctly. And that also means the wires going into the headlight buckets. There should be a metal tag on each wire from the harness going into the buckets, there may even be numbers inside the buckets and there should be tags on the wires on the headlamps. If that doesn’t work then it’s time to break out the multi meter.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks guys. Finally got around to digging thru it today and found that the female to female connector in the headlight bucket was corroded and broken so no connection. It was still daylight so i think they look equally bright.