• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

headlight problems

blainepowell

All lights work except the headlights no high beams or low beams. I checked the voltage at the plug and I'm getting about 24 volts. New to the cucv m1009 never had a military truck before and I'm not sure what i should check first any help would be great, thanks

treessw

Don't forget to introduce yourself!!!! Read all your TM's. Sometimes with the CUCV try flashing between the high beams and your low beams, sometimes it will get them to kick on (have to do it with mine every once in a while), than look into your connections. If its electrical, clean it. If its rubber, replace it.

BTW- Enter your location in full.
Read the FORUM RULES
WELCOME ABOARD

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I pulled the headlight out and I'm getting 24 volts at the plug. I have tried several times to switch from high to low beams and still get nothing.
If you're getting 24 volts at the headlight, that's your problem! The bulbs are 12 volt and 24 will burn them out in seconds.

blainepowell

I'm pretty sure the headlight is burned out I have new 12 volt headlights i cant find 24 volt to fit but i thought this truck only had 24 volts for starting and the rest of the truck was 12 volts. Sorry I should have mentioned that in the first post. So I'm not sure if I should keep pursuing 24 volt headlights or if there is a voltage problem.

blainepowell

Do you know where I should check for the voltage problem and do you know where the voltage steps down at? I looked at some of the TM's schematics and wasn't quite sure how to read them I guess, thanks.

deuceaid

Banned
It doesnt step down, it is pulled from the center of the 2 batteries. When You are checking the voltage , where are You grounding Your meter?

papakb

wiring

In a regular M series truck the wires marked 17 and 18 are your high and low beam power leads. The wire marked 91 is the ground lead and if it isn't connected you can feed all the juice to the headlights you want and they won't light up. Check your ground wire.

Kurt

fuzzpuss

I am having the same problem that originated when my big power cable to the starter rubbed against the block and shorted out, the starter, then ground wires here and there. I have no headlights, but got power to the plugs for the lights themselves, I also have all lights running at 24 volts... now what could that be?