• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Headlight stopped working

babu

I ordered new led 24v headlights for m998, plugged them in, and jumped the F lead to M lead on switch since my switch isn't working, and light worked fine. but today i removed the high beam switch since it wasn't working, and i jumped F lead to M lead to make sure headlights were still working but they weren't. idk if i shorted something or high beam toggle on the floor needs to be connected for headlights to work. anyone has any idea?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ordered new led 24v headlights for m998, plugged them in, and jumped the F lead to M lead on switch since my switch isn't working, and light worked fine. but today i removed the high beam switch since it wasn't working, and i jumped F lead to M lead to make sure headlights were still working but they weren't. idk if i shorted something or high beam toggle on the floor needs to be connected for headlights to work. anyone has any idea?
The high/low switch needs to be in place . Power from headlight switch goes there and it sends power to either the low or high beams . You can take a test light and check for power at the switch.

babu

oh thank so much, i was scared for minute there, because i checked the headlight end and i wasnt getting any power so i was starting to think i shorted something out.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
oh thank so much, i was scared for minute there, because i checked the headlight end and i wasnt getting any power so i was starting to think i shorted something out.
When you start jumping wires it is very easy to short expensive parts out ( including your new LED's ) . I would fix the known problems first IE: switches that don't work.

babu

well im trying to get just the essentials work, such as headlights and turn signals and break lights. that brings me to my another question. my turn signals don't work unless i provide power from the headlight switch plug, is that because flasher unit is not plugged in, i see plug with three female pins labeled a b c not plugged in to anything, and im thinking thats where the flasher unit goes.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well im trying to get just the essentials work, such as headlights and turn signals and break lights. that brings me to my another question. my turn signals don't work unless i provide power from the headlight switch plug, is that because flasher unit is not plugged in, i see plug with three female pins labeled a b c not plugged in to anything, and im thinking thats where the flasher unit goes.
Your trying to cobble a complicated wiring system , you can get a new switch from C & C Equipment for less than $80 shipped and have most of your problem solved.
http://ccsurplus.com/content/25-ton-m35a2-m-series-3-lever-light-switch

babu

turns out the switch is working, i didn't know about having to put in service drive. but blinkers don't work

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He has no blinker/flasher unit.

They wont work without it.

When electrical components are unplugged or missing , stuff don't work.

Last edited:

babu

i plugged everything back in, and tried with the service drive, everything works but blinkers, and also headlights and all the lights stays on even if i switch to off on the bottom left switch. they only turn off when i take it off the service drive. also blinkers lights and break lights stays on solid as well when in service drive

Action

The bottom left lever on the light switch is NOT for dim and bright headlights !!! That will turn your guage lights on (dim and bright) and off.
The TM shows how to put the levers in different positions for different things.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks