• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Headlight upgrade on the cheap

TacMac2012

These are the ones I got off eBay. $67 shipped+ tax for 4. I wired the DRL (which also makes the center eye red) in with the low beams. Saves from running a separate wire all the way to the headlights just to make them function. The red doesn't seem too noticeable honestly, but I haven't wired up all 4 yet. It would probably be more noticeable if not used in conjunction with the low beams.

Screenshot_20221023-201932-615.png

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
These are the ones I got off eBay. $67 shipped+ tax for 4. I wired the DRL (which also makes the center eye red) in with the low beams. Saves from running a separate wire all the way to the headlights just to make them function. The red doesn't seem too noticeable honestly, but I haven't wired up all 4 yet. It would probably be more noticeable if not used in conjunction with the low beams.

View attachment 882884
What did you do to create the "Two Hole" lamp sockets?
My particular truck is one light on each fender...
Your picture has two on each fender.

TacMac2012

If you can, please try to support American manufacturers such as Truck-lite and JW Speaker. Rather than the PRC.
I would happily support them if the price difference wasn't so huge. A single 4x6 trucklite is $150+, that'd be $600+ in headlights for a truck that gets driven twice a year.

The Chinese ones are $75 shipped for 4. That why I made these brackets, to avoid having to spend ~$300 on the 'special', 'MTVR only' LED's made by JW speaker.

You do you, but I'd bet the unit you are using to write these messages was made in China, and likely 95% of the electronics you use everyday all came from China...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks