• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

headlight upgrade

j.cherry377

they are sold as a kit on the biggest auction site. The kit comes with everything you need and you can choose the color temperature of the bulbs. just google "HID kit"
I purchased a kit with the Hella lamps and then discovered to my dismay why the military ran away from HID to the LED.. Super wideband noise on the 2-way radio bands, in fact enough to wipe out or limit to local only comms on any VHF radio because of the white noise that comes from the ARC inside the bulbs. Purchased the Trucklite LED kit for the truck instead and a set for the par 36 armored fog lamps,.. Big time difference and now the radio works again.. The LED kit has almost 80 percent of the same light output as the HID set had but without all the wideband hash. I am still considering a secondary driving light set based on the HID for the rare times when the road is mine alone. At that speed I would not be talking on the radio anyway, just keeping both hands on the wheel and looking out for suicidal deer.

ehuppert

Definitely recommend the hella assemblies! Personally think the lens optics are much better, and you can than go with better H4's later if desired! I left oe type H4's as the improvement was substantial!