• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Headlights!!!

wsucougarx

Old site is no more for now. The last time I got my 24v headlights at NAPA they couldn't find it in their system for a price. They had a couple on their shelf and asked what I was willing to give for them. I threw out an arbitrary $5 each and they took it:-0. Not sure if it was the NAPA I was at, but they said they no longer carried the 24v ones.

wsucougarx

You can take this info to NAPA to see if they can cross-reference:

Headlight, Wagner p/n 4863-1. 24 - 28 volts, sealed beam, high/low beams (80/60 Watts), made in USA by Wagner. Recent mfg date code. Fits Military vehicles with the rubber shell (packard) wire connectors.
NSN 6240009663831 or 6240005040981. Military P/N 8741491, MS18008-4863. Replaces GE 4860.

Bigred77

Old site is no more for now. The last time I got my 24v headlights at NAPA they couldn't find it in their system for a price. They had a couple on their shelf and asked what I was willing to give for them. I threw out an arbitrary $5 each and they took it:-0. Not sure if it was the NAPA I was at, but they said they no longer carried the 24v ones.
got any extras? wanna double your money?:razz:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any normal NAPA will charge you ALOT for headlights. I'd order from Saturn, OD Iron, etc...

Jimbo442

I did something similar to the H4 conversion above, except I'm cheap. I used 7 inch OEM Volkswagon reflectors (25$ on ebay) and surplus Lummax 24V 75/70W H4 bulbs (4.60 a pair on Ebay) All of the parts were new, and the whole thing cost 30$ and 15 minutes. The headlights are MUCH brighter than stock. I sealed everything with Permatex and heat shrink. If you are hung up on 100% "street legal" These aren't since the wattage is higher than DOT spec. They work great and new bulbs are cheap.

Strange quirk with these... I was informed that the low beam is the 75 watt and the high is 70 watt.

Attachments

Last edited:

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
last time i priced wagner bulbs they were $226 each and special order. i asked them if they were crazy.

my H4 high bulbs are 100 watt. you can see for miles. (almost)

tom