• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heads up on dealing with...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAZYRKYR

So...a few weeks ago I bought an Air-O-Matic to put on my M109A3. I bought it from a guy on eBay who is out of Jacksonville Florida. This is what I bought...

AAPS #1.jpg

And this is what arrived.....

WTF.jpg

Now this guy had 4 units and both on the phone and in writing I specified that I wanted the clean unit with new hoses thats in the picture and if it was not available that I wanted to see the pictures of the other units to chose from before I sent him the money and we finalized the deal. He stated it was still available so I sent him $1200 and he sent me a completely different unit that was not even in close to the same shape. When I confronted him he said "It's the same thing!!" and suggested I paint it (in his thick eastern bloc accent). This guy is a total piece of ****. It does not matter if it works like its brand new its the fact that he lied and then tried to play it off like..."What's the difference?!"...as if he did not see the difference when choosing which unit to take pictures of for the eBay ad as well as which truck he chose to describe the unit being removed from.

AD DESCRIPTION:

"I am selling this original steering assist from my 1993 M35A3 military truck. The truck had only 9300 miles. The assist is complete, works as it should, it has only minor surface rust in some spots. The longer U-bolts you need included (not pictured). The big assist bracket replaces your U-bolt bracket under the right side of the axle. You don't need it anymore, I do. I will sell you this assist only if you sell me your bracket and your short U-bolts, and I will pay you $100 for it. If you want to keep that bracket for some reason, please don't bid. If you need some other parts from M35A3, let me know. I am going to build an 8x8 off road monster with quadro steering, and it is easier for me to buy 4 trucks to build one, and sell the parts I don't need. No front axles, front suspensions, shocks, bumpers, and driveshafts will be sold. Everything else will be for sale. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. (XXX) XXX-XXXX , Peter"

Needless to say...he is not getting the brackets that are going to come off of my truck once I get the Air-OMatic installed. He would have...despite his deception...if it works as it should once it's installed but after unprovoked insult after unprovoked insult that's not going to happen. Now a wise and very experienced member of this forum suggested that I tell the story but to CMA not provide his info and while I agree that that's a good idea I don't wanna see anyone else get screwed by this guy so here is enough info to realize who he is if you happen to cross his path...be weary of Peter from Jacksonville Florida who sells MV parts and is building an 8x8 M35.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So...a few weeks ago I bought an Air-O-Matic to put on my M109A3. I bought it from a guy on eBay who is out of Tennessee. This is what I bought...

View attachment 436101

And this is what arrived.....

View attachment 436102

Now this guy had 4 units and both on the phone and in writing I specified that I wanted the clean unit with new hoses thats in the picture and if it was not available that I wanted to see the pictures of the other units to chose from before I sent him the money and we finalized the deal. He stated it was still available so I sent him $1200 and he sent me a completely different unit that was not even in close to the same shape. When I confronted him he said "It's the same thing!!" and suggested I paint it (in his thick eastern bloc accent). This guy is a total piece of ****. It does not matter if it works like its brand new its the fact that he lied and then tried to play it off like..."What's the difference?!"...as if he did not see the difference when choosing which unit to take pictures of for the eBay ad as well as which truck he chose to describe the unit being removed from.

AD DESCRIPTION:

"I am selling this original steering assist from my 1993 M35A3 military truck. The truck had only 9300 miles. The assist is complete, works as it should, it has only minor surface rust in some spots. The longer U-bolts you need included (not pictured). The big assist bracket replaces your U-bolt bracket under the right side of the axle. You don't need it anymore, I do. I will sell you this assist only if you sell me your bracket and your short U-bolts, and I will pay you $100 for it. If you want to keep that bracket for some reason, please don't bid. If you need some other parts from M35A3, let me know. I am going to build an 8x8 off road monster with quadro steering, and it is easier for me to buy 4 trucks to build one, and sell the parts I don't need. No front axles, front suspensions, shocks, bumpers, and driveshafts will be sold. Everything else will be for sale. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. (XXX) XXX-XXXX , Peter"

Needless to say...he is not getting the brackets that are going to come off of my truck once I get the Air-OMatic installed. He would have...despite his deception...if it works as it should once it's installed but after unprovoked insult after unprovoked insult that's not going to happen. Now a wise and very experienced member of this forum suggested that I tell the story but to CMA not provide his info and while I agree that that's a good idea I don't wanna see anyone else get screwed by this guy so here is enough info to realize who he is if you happen to cross his path...be weary of Peter from Tennessee who sells MV parts and is building an 8x8 M35.
Being this is a family site I don't think we need to bring racist views to the forum .

offroadexpeditions

OK, I am the one you talk about here, so I want to clarify a few things. I had several identical units of air steering assist from M35A3 trucks. I took one, and put some used oil on using a brush to make it look a bit nicer, took the pics, and then put it on ebay. The assists have been slowly sold over months after many relistings. Anytime I sold one, I just randomly grabbed one, because all of them were working, and were complete, and it is all what matters with part like this. If somebody needs it cleaner, use the part cleaner spray, if somebody needs it shinier, buy the paint spray. I sold them $100 more expensive because I refunded $100 back when the customers sent me the bracket from their trucks which was replaced by this assist instalation. Then this individual contacted me, crying and crying about the price, so I finally gave him a deal I have not given to anyone else before, and took his word, that he will send me the bracket I need. What was my surprise, he called me after a few days complaining that I sent him something completely different! And he sent me an email with two pics of the same old car, one in a horrible shape and one in a perfect shape after complete restoration as a comparison! At that moment I first time started to doubt his mental health. He refused to send me the bracket. I told him to send the assist back, because I had a customer for it, and he wanted from me to send him the money first, and he would send the unit to me after several days. I refused, person like this would never send it. The funny part is, when he will email you, you will receive a few religious sentences in every his email, but when is the time for practicing what he is preaching, it is perfectly OK to steal the bracket worth of $100 from me by creating the case from nothing!:) Another funny thing is that he is kinda racist, he emailed me mentioning kindly Nordic white people, because he things I am Russian ( I am not:). Mixing a weird religion and racism together, what results we will get? The most funniest part is, that he actually might have the original assist I took the pics of. When the units were sitting in the shelves for months, there was dust falling on them obviously, and of course the one that was oiled would collect the most of it. So, he might be complaining about the unit he wanted. I have sold a lot of parts to many satisfied people, I have 100% positive feedback on ebay for reason, and I generally try to do my best for every customer. But when I meet an idiot who steals from me instead appreciating a good deal I specially gave him............what would you do? Is the air steering assist with a few thousand miles on it for $1200 a bad deal? I hope most of you will never have to deal with this weirdo. To answer Phil's post- I have had many people who said they are sending the check, and the check never arrive. I lost customers because I was waiting for the checks. In the beginning I tried to contact them, if they really sent it, but I am very busy, and can't do it all the time. So, when the check from Phil wasn't here after one week, I sold the seatbelts set to the guy who showed up and really wanted it. When Phil's check arrived, I sent him other seatbelts and they were in better shape that those he originally suppose to have. OK, time to go, we all have more productive things to do, then dealing with these nonsenses. Thanks for reading, Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks