• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heat

KRaiskio

So the other day after some deliberation I ordered an aftermarket heater. I didnt want to install or modify a stock heater with its inefficency so it seems. What I got was a 24v unit comes with the heater core with a fan mounted on it and a switch. Has high med and low and is rated at 15000 btu. I dont have a wonter front or shift boots, which will be soon addition I hope. I did take some rubber mat and slide it betwen the mesh and cross bars in the stock grille. This morning I had decent heat on the way to work with 30 deg temps outside and only about a 10 min warm up

Attachments

madmachinistm1a1

That's the same heater my dad put in his M-135 deuce feed truck. His was 12 volt, I was wondering if they made them in 24 volt for my deuce. Look's like a very clean set-up for the deuce , look's almost factory.

cornrichard

I have a similar unit mounted under the passenger seat in my deuce. It works great. In sub zero temps I am about 55-60 deg. in the cab. I taped all of the holes in the fire wall with gorilla tape. It is still there 2 years in. I left the stock heater in place and use it for defrost. I have them both on the same loop of hose. I think I could make more heat putting them in parallel. I will probably not waste the time to replumb. I put 3/4" ball valves on so I can easily shut everything off in the summer.

KRaiskio

12 or 24 Volt Cab Heater 15,000 BTU

That should be the link to the exact one I got and the company. I have an acct with the local napa. Where I like to support local buisiness but sometimes price wins out. I also installed shut offs for summer or in case something happened. It does come with a switch. I mounted it in the dash just below the light switch. Its made by maradyne. I know Ive heard the name over the years from working on fire trucks. I plan on painting it black to blend in some more with the floor tomm

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know about 15K BTU.. What is the deuce heater rated? It was inadequate on the highway at 30 degrees F for me.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stock heater is supposed to be 30000 btu, I think.

KRaiskio

I think its pry just more efficent and fan only uses 2.4 mps. Where its mounted in the cab puts out a lot of heat. If I had shift boots and a hard top im sure it would be even better

jatonka

I know where you can get the shift boots.

Maradyne Corp makes lots of different heaters in 24 volt. Their products and prices are in large brochures at lots of Heavy Construction Equipment dealers. In our state, it is the Kobelco dealer in Albany

Maradyne is the company who owns Air-O-Matic steering assist also. FYI

KRaiskio

I know where to get boots also, trying to save for the spin on filters and seat covers at the same time and Ill be placing my order. :)

Kohburn

I actually like the 12,500btu model that has a connection for the defrost.

imo the core in the stock cab heater is a good one, just needs a newer fan to move the air. the fan on mine is pretty pathetic and noisy.

DieselBob

I actually like the 12,500btu model that has a connection for the defrost.
I agree that the defrost would be a big plus. Running around in the snow last year I really wasn't that cold but I had a heck of a time keeping the windows halfway clear so I could see.

BEASTMASTER

i have 3 20k btu heaters in my m51 for plowing ,all with their own switch. there is plenty of heat with two running, but it is still real hard to keep the windshield defrosted while plowing. for the shifters i cut a round piece of rug with a hole cut for the shifters.