• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

heater blower blowing out

Ok, this is probably a real stupid question and real easy to solve, but on my m925 the heater blower is pushing air out instead of sucking air in. this is typical for whatever of the dash 3 levers i push in or pull out and same on the hi/lo switch settings. anyone know what I am doing wrong? thanks

74M35A2

We'll, it is supposed to blow air out. :)

You mean it is blowing air out through the inlet under the hood and/or the inlet vent above the passenger headlamp? I'm not even sure that is possible with a squirrel cage type blower. Look in from the top, the fan should be rotating clockwise when viewed from above.

If for some reason it is spinning backward, the NAPA replacement blower motor has 2 leads, and would allow you to choose the polarity/direction, though I am not 100% that the ground wire is insulated from the motor case. Test before doing so if you go that path.

We'll, it is supposed to blow air out. :)

You mean it is blowing air out through the inlet under the hood and/or the inlet vent above the passenger headlamp? I'm not even sure that is possible with a squirrel cage type blower. Look in from the top, the fan should be rotating clockwise when viewed from above.

If for some reason it is spinning backward, the NAPA replacement blower motor has 2 leads, and would allow you to choose the polarity/direction, though I am not 100% that the ground wire is insulated from the motor case. Test before doing so if you go that path.
yep, its blowing air out through the inlet. doesnt look like it has been replaced but I will check to see how many leads it has.

MtnSnow

With it pushing air OUT the inlet that means that the squirrel fan cage was installed backwards. Pull it out and flip the fan cage :)

R Racing

if the vents in the cab are jammed or not moving, and or blocked. The air has no where to go and would do this. worth a check to make sure mini and micky didn't build a nest in there somewhere.

Last edited:

74M35A2

With it pushing air OUT the inlet that means that the squirrel fan cage was installed backwards. Pull it out and flip the fan cage :)
I don't think the fan can be installed backwards. It only mounts from one side, the other side is open with no way to attach it to the motor shaft.

This will be an interesting one to see what happens.

I don't think the fan can be installed backwards. It only mounts from one side, the other side is open with no way to attach it to the motor shaft.

yeah, i agree there is only one way to install the squirril cage. its got to be either bocked on the other side of the heater coil or a connection issue. but you never know. what I cant understand is that i cant be the first one to notice this on the truck.....hopefully not a bigger problem!

MtnSnow

If that is the case then I would have to say it's more along the lines of what RR mentioned

R Racing

Maybe pull the heater box and work back . That way you can see if air is actually going threw the core ? Then if something is plugged you can use compressed air from ur truck to blow it out without plugging your heater core.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks