• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater Blower Motor

ssdvc

My heater blower died and I am going to replace it, but I have a question before I pull the trigger. Has anyone upgraded their old blower motor to a more powerful unit? Is there such a thing? And if there is, did it require a lot of reconfiguring of the housing or anything else?

Matt5

Banned
A more powerful unit? All my blower motors blow so hard its crazy... your unit must have been bad for a while or you have another issue...

cucvrus

Is it possible the resistor on the heater box is bad? You could also have a few fins broken from the squirrel cage of the blower fan. That is an easy access motor. You may want to loosen the rea battery and slide it forward. I have bought replacements from any brand and have had good luck. They seem to be getting a bit tired after all this time. Good Luck and Happy Holidays. I am sure you can Ace this job.

ssdvc

I like my truck, but I also like heat when it is 20 degrees out. As long as I am in there, might as well get it right. It's less than $75 to swap out the motor/cage, resistor bank and the connectors to that bank and motor (found mine was broken). I am going to replace it all and also cut out the radio suppressor.

ssdvc

OK, worked on this today. Disconnected both batteries and pulled the rear one to make some room. Removed the plug for the resistor and discovered that is was cracked and one of the terminals came loose (problem #1). I then pulled the plug of the blower motor and discovered the broken wire on the condenser (and there was problem #2). Pulled the motor and it actually looked good and it was clean inside the housing.

Also, it appears that I have the resistor and plug set up from an AC equipped vehicle. I was wondering if I should convert or just stay with what I have? I am wondering if the motor itself is for an AC equipped vehicle?

Anyway, None of the auto parts stores around have any of the parts in stock, so I am ordering exact replacements from Advanced Auto. And they are even giving me 20% off, for a total of $65...........SHIPPED, to my door !!

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please stay on topic and keep the bickering off the forums .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks