• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater Core Hoses

jmartin1340

Hey guys, I have been scouring the internet for this information and have been unsuccessful thus far. I am trying to get my heater fixed before it starts cooling off and when I checked under the hood I discovered that the hoses that come off the heater core are not connected, the upper hose is just laying loose in the engine bay and the lower hose isn't even in the vehicle. Can anyone show me some pictures of where the hoses are supposed to be connected on the engine/radiator...I can't seem to locate the attaching points. any info or help would be great thanks!

Josh

joshuak

Hey guys, I have been scouring the internet for this information and have been unsuccessful thus far. I am trying to get my heater fixed before it starts cooling off and when I checked under the hood I discovered that the hoses that come off the heater core are not connected, the upper hose is just laying loose in the engine bay and the lower hose isn't even in the vehicle. Can anyone show me some pictures of where the hoses are supposed to be connected on the engine/radiator...I can't seem to locate the attaching points. any info or help would be great thanks!

Josh
A good place to look is in the Technical Manuals found here for free among other places on the web.

Here is screen shot from the TM-20, the next page gives detailed instructions on removing and installing if you're interested in those as well. Good luck.

Heater hoses.jpg

joshuak

My pleasure, the search function is enabled in the TM's, that saves a bunch of time, it's good stuff.

You may find the hoses were disconnected because of a leaking heater core, for some great info check out this thread on heater core replacement. That thread and many more very good ones are found in the stickies here.

Maybe ask a moderator to move this thread to the CUCV section and if you find something interesting with your heating system, let us know. Always fun/helpful to read about stuff like that.

Drock

GM engineers gave us an even easier way to tell where they go. The hose from the radiator is 3/4". And the hose from the motor is 5/8". The heater core inlets are corresponding sizes.