• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater core replaced now alternator overheating

joesco

I finally replaced my heater core and took Zeus out for a short ride yesterday and saw my voltage gauge was not in green, as usual. Came back and using my slave plug, I found 23 volts on my meter while the engine was running.

Raised the hood and the generator / alternator was very hot to the touch. Belts were tight and in good condition. Can you help with a couple questions after I completed a detailed search....

<>It appears that Wolverine is the go to company for a replacement. Have folks had good luck with their Chinese replacement unit? Do SS members get a discount off their website price?

<>Could I have damaged my Hawker batteries?

<>Is there a possibility that it might be my PCB, if so how can I determine that?

<>Are there any other (cost - effective) alternatives to the Wolverine, other than a take-out unit?

Thanks very much!

joesco

Thanks tested the batteries all were fine, took my 24v charger and charged them via my make-shift slave plug adapter and they charged without any problems. Now a call to Wolverine tomorrow, but if anyone has any feedback from them, please post. Thanks!

joesco

Just spoke with Tim at Wolverine Technologies and he seems very knowledgeable and appears to stand behind his product with a 5 year guarantee. In addition, it appears to generate about 25% more amperage. I ordered one and hope to install it next week. Will post my impression.