• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater core Seal?

80seriesiii

I am preparing to replace a leaking heater core. Referring to the TM9-2320-289-20 section 10-13, there is a reference to a "heater core seal". Is the seal something that should be disposed of and replaced with a new seal? I can't find anything about a "heater core seal".
Thanks!
Logan

richingalveston

seal is just a foam gasket. like weather stripping for the housing. the housing gasket will be re-used and the new core does not come with one. if you have the origional dont be shocked when you see the new one. they are a piece of crap but the do work (not as good). check the box of the new one and make sure it has the foam strip included. the new one is smaller than the old and thus they give you some foam to make up the difference. It is an easy job to replace.

richingalveston

no re-recor for origonal heater core.

i wanted to have mine repaired but if it is the origional they cant repair it.

the origionals are brazed plates that cannot be repaired according to my radiator man.

I just replaced mine 6 monts ago.