• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater Core Seal

cliffyp

I've had my heater core out for a while, it was leaking and I don't need heat. I'm tired of the extra noise coming through the open holes on the firewall, so I've finally gotten around to replacing it. Local parts store had the core, but nobody knows anything about the seal.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346029994.469575.jpg
The -20 lists part # 6273325

I searched online and the places that came up all said, "not available".

Does anybody know where I can find the seal, know an alternate part number that the parts stores might have, or is there another option if I can't locate the seal?

mudman

I stuck it on the heater box itself. The original stuff is a soft putty like stuff that seals around the cores inlet and outlet pipes and heater box it self. If you can find that stuff that would be the thing to use. maybe the dealer..?? Good luck!!

cliffyp

I put some around the holes on the firewall and then wrapped the inlet an outlet pipes. It seems to work well, thanks for the suggestion. It came in a big roll, so I might go back and put some on the box itself.