• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater install, M35 gas

INFChief

It’s been a long while since I worked on a gasser and roughly 40 years since I worked on a Deuce. The LDA465 M35’s had a water heater mounted under the dash. I’ve even mounted a 2nd one under the passengers seat and ducted it into the cab.

The TM for your model should have maintenance (R&R) instructions but a new complete kit (if you could find one) might have instructions.

Not sure where you are located but when I was in AD guys would cut a couple of fingers off and sell their sister for an Arctic/ Winter kit.

If you could find a good M800 series 5T heater core with blower motor in a enclosure you would be in great shape.

Barrman

The water heated heater for the Multifuel M35A2 will work just fine on the Gasser. The heater core and fan sit on a pedestal on the drivers side of the engine under the hood. With ducting going through the firewall to an on/off air flow flapper and a diverter to floor or defrost.

INFChief

The water heated heater for the Multifuel M35A2 will work just fine on the Gasser. The heater core and fan sit on a pedestal on the drivers side of the engine under the hood. With ducting going through the firewall to an on/off air flow flapper and a diverter to floor or defrost.
Correct, the ductwork and diverter are under the dash. I have installed the entire unit under the dash as well as in between Jeep seats and Deuce & 5 ton bucket seats. We would pull out the bench seat and put buckets in from a GOER or heavy hauler.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For what it's worth, the "directions" that come with the hot water heater kits leave a lot to be desired in my opinion. They basically amount to a schematic. The instructions I had...and I have installed several heaters...basically just showed the layout, but the instructions did not tell you what to do first, second, third, and so on. I basically just started a one point and put it together. The benefit to having the schematic layout/instructions is that you can see how things are laid out. It was helpful from that perspective. More helpful to me was Joe Young, for those who remember him. Joe had an immense amount of knowledge about these trucks and was helpful in giving me pointers on my first heater install.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you go for the under dash mount of the heater, I recommend two things:
- cut down the heater box; most of it is empty space that is unnecessary
- use the diverter box for a 5ton, it has the intake on the right and that works perfect with the under dash placement of the heater.

I do not have knowledge of the heater hose connection on a gasser but would think that plumbing it similar to the multi would be the ticket.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks