• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater installation PICs?

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, thanks for the info.
All I could find on e-pay were $70.
I will order it from newark.

Thanks again. I don't know why my searches didn't turn this up.

Newark turns up in very few searches I do, but you also have to know where to look for it when you're in the business...we use Newark a LOT for work

agood1

Yeah, I looked at the Newark site and they listed a store in the Atlanta area, I was just going to run by and pick it up.....but I called and they closed the Atlanta store. Oh well, it's on order now....

rlwm211

I will be honest and ask if a "LOW" speed is all that important. I have a heater in my deuce and when it is cold enough to need the heater, I need as much heat as it can produce. I almost never use low and I would imagine that unless you insulated the floor, plugged all the cracks and air leaks, you would most likely find out that you would use High almost exclusively. I would install the heater and just wire the high side of the switch and try it before going to any great length to find a resistor to give you a low speed fan.

Just my two cents

RL

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RL,

You're probably right, but the resistors are EASY to find at Newark and other places, and even with shipping they are probably $10 to $15 for the most expensive ones...so why not.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
good lord man....how much did they soak you for shipping???? The 100 watt wire wound I linked to you was only 12 bucks

still not terribly expensive though

Tackettr

How critical are the "IN and OUT" connections on the heater core? I didn't pay much attention to it when I connected mine. Looks to me that it could be hooked either way and make no difference?

PS: I know the connections to the engine are critical and I have made sure they are correct.

agood1

good lord man....how much did they soak you for shipping???? The 100 watt wire wound I linked to you was only 12 bucks

still not terribly expensive though

$12 something for the resistor, $8 something to ship it and $5 handling fee becuase the order was less than $75.

agood1

How critical are the "IN and OUT" connections on the heater core? I didn't pay much attention to it when I connected mine. Looks to me that it could be hooked either way and make no difference?

PS: I know the connections to the engine are critical and I have made sure they are correct.
I called the people I bought mine from, and they said it did not matter, coolant would flow thru either way.