• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater issues and TM pages

Hi everyone, I'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction. I have many TMs but I find them difficult to search for specific sections. I have also searched on here but can't find anything.
My heater controls are very stiff for the hot cold selector. I also had the dog house open and notice there is no flexy hose connecting the left to the right hand ducting. The window demist works ok so what does this missing hose do?
Can anyone point me in the right pages to look up in the TM and if there is a strip down diagram so I can investigate the issues.

Attachments

Thumper580

You are missing the flexible crossover tube that brings the air over... 2" ID I think but measure first. NAPA has the exact flexible tubing for very little. My push pulls were stiff as well. I took them out and lubricated the inside. Also lubricate the levers that they actuate, especially the heater core (open/close) in front of the passenger firewall under the hood. This will help alot.

You are missing the flexible crossover tube that brings the air over... 2" ID I think but measure first. NAPA has the exact flexible tubing for very little. My push pulls were stiff as well. I took them out and lubricated the inside. Also lubricate the levers that they actuate, especially the heater core (open/close) in front of the passenger firewall under the hood. This will help alot.
Thanks, I will take a look at lubricating the levers. What does the missing cross over pipe supply? I will see if I can buy some pipe to fit.

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, I will take a look at lubricating the levers. What does the missing cross over pipe supply? I will see if I can buy some pipe to fit.
That crossover air duct is 2 1/2” inside diameter on my Humvee, and facilitates air flow to driver side footwell under the dash. You should see an air vent there on the right side of footwell. You should also adequately insulate the duct, as it snakes directly over top of the engine.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks