• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEATER KIT

wadereg

hello everyone,

im in need of a heater kit for an m35a2...looking at an m109 w/ no heat and do not wish to be cold. so if i could find a heater kit before purchase i can throw it in when i get it. i know where i can buy one for like 250 but im trying to be cheap to make my wife happy

acetomatoco

I have a takeout hot water heater from a 5 ton which I can ship to you in about a coupla months when the snow melts off it...$200

Opie

I'm not letting go of my (uninsalled) heater kit, but don't make it a deal-breaker for your truck. Once you've driven a few miles, the cab will warm nicely. Just bring a hat & gloves and you'll shed them shortly.

Never understood them, but how's the waffle and steak restaurant business in Newport News? Sis-in-law went to CNU.

wadereg

i know there isnt a heater in it because ive already played with the truck :driver: ...so you think ill be ok with out one for a little while Opie...well, you guys know whats best and i believe you guys would not steer me in the wrong direction.

you talking about the waffle and steak at old court house way and warwick blvd...not sure ive honestly never eatin there...but luigis, vancostas, and silver dinner is some of our fav. ive worked the south end of the city mostly and really dont eat much when im out on the street...little snacks here and there keep me going...never want to get stuck in the bathroom or take a lot of time munchin on ya dinner, makes it unsafe for the other guys.

if you guys ever come into town and like to eat...we have some good seafood in the area.

thanks for all the help...

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Boyce Equip has a $200 tractor box heater, if you aren't going for the all original mil. parts deuce.
I just installed one in my 5 ton on the firewall.
Also Alex from ID motor pool had a double fan box heater that mounts on the floor under the passenger seat
It was about $200 also.
I had that one in the deuce last weekend.
As long as the cab is almost air tight it will keep icey windows dripping enough for the wipers to handle.
I just doesn't have defroster built in.
Hopefully later this week I will get the 5 ton install posted.
It shows some mods that allow it to plug into the factory defroster connections.
Last idea is the mojavo heaters in the quadratech catalog.
It is 12 V but could just run off of the last battery.

Attachments

hippiedude

quarkz I have the same heater w/24v blower you show in the 1st pic.... got it on ebay last year for less than $50...still need to install it in my m211.... not sure plumb it in though....I was thinking to tie it in the cooling lines before the transmssion cooler....

BEASTMASTER

i got two heaters in my 5 ton, one to defrost the windshields,which is almost impossible to do .the other one is for really cold nights when i'm plowing.and sometimes i resort to my propane tent heater also.all three going and the windows still fog up at times.even with two fans aimed at the windshield.but i get to drive in my t shirt. :driver:

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
As a fellow Virginia resident I would not suggest you bother with the heater for now. Virginia is not that cold afterall. I would make your modifications later at your own pace instead of trying to do a bunch of major work at pickup time. I like the idea of the generic water heaters that reuses the air from the cab. I am sure they do much better with not having to heat the cold outside air up to your desired heat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks