• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater Plumbing

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
The "elbows" that come out of the engine and go to the heater hoses----does anyone know if these can be picked up someplace cheap or even at a hardware store? I got a heater for the deuce that I'm picking up from ecostruction on Tuesday that was one of my deuces in the Army. I gotta put a heater in it.

buccaneer

local parts store here sells heater hose fittings that have 3/4 or 1/2" NPT threads. I will place a valve in line for summer shut-off valve.

But you're the all-knowing Carnac, so you really know this already, right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the information provided by me is helpful, you can contribute $15 to the SS site! Disclaimer: I can give you an address and you can mail cash.

haha

jatonka

Hi Kevin, you can go to Napa and get exactly the correct elbow with a shut off built in it . I have had to do it several times on deuces that I installed heaters in. I believe the marine section of NAPA is where to head to. They will be 1/2 inch pipe to 5/8 inch heater hose and you will need one reducing bushing 3/4 inch to 1/2 inch pipe. There you go sir. JT wishes you a Merry Christmas

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Thanks to all. I thought it looked kinda...well...homedepot like. John, will hit up NAPA. I have you and everyone else have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS also!!

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
coolant heater hose location too

Thanks to all. I thought it looked kinda...well...homedepot like. John, will hit up NAPA. I have you and everyone else have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS also!!
see post 5, 7, +9 in Thread: Coolant heater hose location
Here is the original valve

I procured an original type off of ePay a while back with the NSN number as a search and it got me to an Eaton valve drain cock
but maybe just search for a Eaton drain cock

specifications:
3/8 MALE PIPE THREAD 5/8 HEATER/ COOLANT/ HOSE DRAIN COCK 211280A VALVE

Military surplus drain cock NSN 4820-00-465-1589
New in original packaging.
Please see pictures

Drain Cock, steel, mnpt X Hose, 3/8 In. More details: Drain Cock, Seat Position Internal, Body Material Steel, Connection Type Mnpt X Hose, Pipe Size 3/8 In., Hose Inside Dia. 5/8 In., Overall Height 2-7/8 In., Max. Pressure 150 Psi, Temp. Range -65 Degrees To 250 Degrees F, Handle Material Steel, Handle Type Wing, Hex Size 11/16 In.

Multifuel top valve outlet hose size is different from the bottom valve size so I changed the bottom one to make them both 5/8" hose outlet size.
This is as it was
CCW to waterpump original valve.jpg
and now with a new valve,
what a turkey to get the old one out without taking the truck apart.

CCW waterpump inlet to same size.jpg
so now I am looking at my very own pictures wondering if I ever put back the lower water pump hose clamp!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks