• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater problem

coeder

I have a problem with my Duece heater. I know this has been discussed before, but I have tried most of the normal items with no success.
I get no real heat from the heater. Blower works. I changed stat. Temp on engine runs at 180. I tried to flush heater core but need advice on best way to do that. I did get some debris out of core.

coeder

I think the picture helps! My supply hose does not come directly out of the water pump housing. I think that will make a difference. Thanks for the help.

bpj911

Interesting

I wasn't really thinking I had an issue with my heater but I looked at that diagram and mine was installed wrong. Moved it around and the truck actually warms up to 180 degrees and will do that around town and idling. Previously it wouldn't get warm unless you were running it on the highway. It was always bypassing the thermostat running the other way but I never noticed it.

OD_Coyote

I had the same problem with my heater this year and it worked fine last year.
After doubling checking the petcocks, I discovered that I had forgot to open the lower petcock...Duh, but at least it was an easy fix.

coeder

Which side of heater core is the inlet and the outlet. One pipe goes in the top of the core and one in the botttom?:?: