• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

heater questions

big hoss

i recently purchased a deuce the prevous owner said it was a 1968 model. Althe ones that model year that i have seen had a differnt style heater it was under the dash and had 2 knobs. the heater in my truck is under the passangers seat with 2 hoses going into it. there is a little switch next to the glove box swich it to the left low speed middle is off and to the right is high. i have never seen this style before in any truck would this heater date the truck a differnt year?

big hoss

i would love to post pics but right now im 675 miles away from the truck visiting my family up in indiana.:cry: i am gona get my buddy to email me some pics of it

big hoss

Yea I know its not the time to worry about it. It was 104 in nc today with out the heat index. It works fine I just have nevet seen this tipe before

jsthnt@gmail.com

Mine are switchs. It was converted to a fire truck in 72. I have a rear PTO off the transfer case that the engagment lever must have been on the fire box that was gone before I bought it. There was a gallon tank under the seat that must have went to the firebox too. and many other switchs that go to nothing. It has been a fun learning curve that is for sure.:D

Tlauden

Sounds like an aftermarket of sometype IMHO, The two hoses are your coolant lines, the switch controls the fan speed... Thats just my thought on it and without seeing pics its hard to tell

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks