• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heaviest Load Yet

Jared

Hello,

Here's a picture of my truck with the heaviest load yet. Bunch of sticks. Took a load to the dump last weekend and will do the same with these. No other real plans for it other than continue to fix up and drive around.

Working on the winch -- will pull out to paint and add a level wind kit. Don't really need it but I think it looks cool.

Jared

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No offense, but a load of sticks ain't gonna qualify as the heaviest load! roflThanks for the picture, though!

rlwm211

Those sticks were made out of Unubtanium the most rare, heaviest and dense material known to the universe. You noticed the steel plates under the tires to keep the truck from sinking out of sight...Careful man, you are going to get an overload ticket!!!!!!!

:lol:

(Tongue fiurmly placed in my cheek)
RL

jpekarek

Meant to say Heaviest Load yet for me -- unless the sticks are made out of DU it's not very close to the limit.
Very nice! My heaviest load so far, has been 7 kids and 4 lawn chairs. I should add that there were at least 25 pine cones back there too adding to the load along with some pine needles and paint chips fron the troop seats. It didn't strain too much or squat the rear end, but it was very slow. Well, it's slow anyway so that doesn't count! ;-)

Stalwart

The heaviest load I've carried in a 5 ton was a load of ironwood (ipe) with most lengths of 18'. The entire bed was full, piled high over the side boards. We found the load to be just shy of 8 tons in the back of my old M656, 8x8. Awesome truck, it accelerated a little slower but carried it with ease and pulled most freeway hills at 60 mph up here in the PNW. I miss the old girl . . .

jpekarek

I hauled a bag of crickets from Petco today! Tomorrow I am going to move 25 yards of dirt and rocks. Hope the guy has a tractor! I am thinking 3 trips.

jpekarek

nice putting the ol girl to work!
Seems like it wants to work. Every time I drive it, she seems to run better. I had an axle seal leaking when I bought it but now it's better somehow. When I brought it home I had to shift down into 3rd to climb the hill by my house. Lately it takes it in 4th easily and starts within about 5 seconds when cold.

Is that normal?

wb1895

The most i have hauled with my deuce is 12,000 lbs of gravel. She barely squatted down and pulled it like a champ even though she is a non turbo. Sorry guys I dont have any pics.....

srodocker

Yea these trucks seem to run a lot better when you run them a bunch. on my way back from Arlington which was a very long drive she was pulling 54 most the time she sits at 50. the axle leak thing is the seal sweals up because fluid is flowing around it. mine did the same thing.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heaviest load I worked with the deuce was a cargo bed packed completely FULL of wares pre-packed for Aberdeen (maybe 3 tons worth), and then I had to do a recovery of a deuce from Chambersburg, so towing 6.5 tons. 9.5 tons towed and loaded, let's just say it was SLOW GOING coming back to home base.

kurt802

Heaviest load for me to date is this two cords of maple firewood. I think I seated the rings with this load. Didn't even crack the paint on the leaf springs and rode like a Caddy :cool:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks