• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEAVY duty Deuce

Stan Leschert

I was wandering how these preformed with 8,2 and the allisons could you elaborate alittle? thanks

The engine just did not have enough stuff to make over 30 MPH on an uphill climb. Put a load on or tow a trailer...... As for the Allisons, well any good driver is way smarter than an old auto transmission. We bought them because they were easier to toss a new driver into and they were relatively cheap to operate. At that time we had no Army capable of being sent to a combat zone. Our Gov't was just cheap, and hated the thought that men with guns might have to fix the problems that statesmen got us into. Atleast our current gov't is trying to get us gear to do our job, and they are willing to ask us to do it! We are way stretched, but we are pulling our share of the load. Finally!

As for the real mechanical specs, I will have to get you in touch with one of our vehicle techs. I still can call on a few in an artillery regiment, and they would be much more able than me to answer your questions.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks