• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heavy Duty Headlight wiring harness

richingalveston

I think you are right scottladdy, the headlights have current draw not the system pushing current. With the headlight harness, the lights can now draw the maximum current they demand which makes them last according to design and makes them create the max lumens that they did not create before, without the harness, they were not getting the maximum draw to the bulb even though they were asking for it on the system and thus they lasted longer than expexted. however what they were not getting was cooking the harness due to high resistance and heat.

MarcusOReallyus

Would that be extra current? Or would the change bring the system up to design current for the lamps?

If design current, then the life expectancy would be as designed. MTBF would be as expected. Or, am I missing something?

Thanks ...

Extra as in, more than they were getting with the standard harness. Yes, it will probably be up to design spec, so you should see the design life. But that will be less than what you are used to, because you have been used to getting LESS than designed.

Unless, of course, the designers accounted for the fact that most factory harnesses have enough resistance that you don't get full battery voltage at the headlight terminals.

But either way, you can expect shorter bulb life with the high-perf battery harness compared to the stock harness. More voltage at the terminals means you'll have more current through the bulb. More current through the bulb means more light, and less lifespan. TINSTAFFL and Ohm's Law apply.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks