• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

heavy duty tow bar oops ...anyone need one lol

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Needs to be in the classifieds and you must be a paying member to post there.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could not tell it was not a medium from the pictures or the NSN that lists the end use as MRAP/COUGER/HEMETT??

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea but you did not pay much for it. It also says approximate weight but the size gives it away 86 inches long I do believe.
Agreed pick it up.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the topic of "gl lied". Nah, they're just clueless. Their clueless Ness works in your favor more frequently than not. Two recent examples: 1) the "14.00r20" tires were clearly 16.00r20s mounted on hemtt rims. 2) "fluids drained, won't start or run, tires flat" clearly had air in the tires in the pics and just as clearly had the front shackles still mounted, indicating it arrived wherever the pic was taken under its own power. I got a pristine 2010 rebuilt winchtruck at scrap price and drove it 1000 miles home.

It pays to look in great detail at the pics and video.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL Videos (of vehicles anyway) always show the mileage and data plate with serial number if they are there. Plus you can usually make out the lot and sale number. You can compare all that with the description and pictures to decide if it's the right vehicle. Its a little harder on other items.

tmaxxgod4

I did not know since I am not a expert in tow bars.. I wanted one to tow my FJ cruiser behind my 5ton. that is it. from the pics and weight it looked to me (the untrained eye) that it would do the job. so be nice.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea, it looked like a med to me as well until they pointed out some obvious things, like the ability to slide the length in/out.

Here are a couple of pictures of my Tow bar and one mounted on the side of APC.

Attachments

Gunzy

That tow bar WILL pull an FJ Criuser with ease. Earlier this year I got 2 F350 Crew cabs way cheap because they were listed as F250s. You got a good deal on that tow bar, go get it and sell it if you don't want to use it, or pay the fees inquired to walk away.