• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heavy towbar to axle strap adapter

tcody

I have a heavy tow bar and was thinking about investing in a set of axle straps to be able to make the bar more useful until I can afford a medium bar. I was wondering what type of adapters are needed to make it work - just a couple of bushings to be able to use the smaller medium pin or is there more to it?
Thanks for the help!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
hi, i got a set of heavy tb adaptors from semmis (i think that is the way he spells it) the adaptore have the BIG hole for the tb from he-ll and the other end has the 1" hole which fit the 1" used on the tow/lift brackets and axle clamps. hope this helps

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yes,
Sermis put both adapters in one of those flat rate USPS boxes, the mail lady about had a hernia carrying the box to the house

Last edited:

wsucougarx

I just picked up two complete medium towbars yesterday. They came w/1" and 3/4" bumper adapters and all pins for $450 for both sets. I could pick you up a set but shipping would be incredible

What did they cost and does he have more ? You could cut off the 1 1/2" ends and weld something with 1" holes to the end .
prob could cut and weld but i dont think i would.
the reason i got the big bar was so i could tow 2 5 tons at one time or a tractor trailer combo with out worry that the bar and ends may fail.

Its really a safety thing with me.
I know i do some things that make folks shake their heads but i do it as safe as I can.

I would think that the proper ends must be around if we were able to find them once i bet we can find you a set also.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i got the tb from he-ll to tow the 819. it weighs 36000+, just about the limit of the medium, now that i have the 8x8 , in time im going to get another tb from he-ll and the same adapters as i have for the 819. maxing out the medium bothers me

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i had a set of bronze bushings made to adapt the large tow bar ends to 1 inch. thats when i was planning on usuing that bar i sold to Tcody. i dont think ill ever need them if someone is interested just pm me Tim

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the 8x8 sits,
the tb from he-ll adaptors that have the big pins will NOT work with bushings on the 1"lift/tow brackets . bushings was plan A, the correct adaptors was plan B, plan A is some where in the garage