• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Height of a M923A1 w/super singles?

two.fiveM35

I'm looking to have a M923A1 shipped by truck from Indiana and I need to know the height of the truck with super singles to give to the trucking company. The TM says it's 121.0" tall, but I am assuming that is not with super singles. Anybody know what the height might be? Thanks

Last edited:

richingalveston

Cypress texas, you would not happen to be off of Huffmeister are you.

I grew up in cypress/Klein area and go there to see friends offten and I always pass a duece at an auto shop on huffmeister. just wondering if that was your shop.
If so next time by I would like to stop and check out your truck. my 1009 should be on the road in a few weeks so I might be ablt to drive it that way next time I am on that side of town.

Rich

two.fiveM35

I do live off Huffmister further down the road. The deuce that you are talking about belongs to Jim Pruitt, he is friend with the owner of the shop.

Eric

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking to have a M923A1 shipped by truck from Indiana and I need to know the height of the truck with super singles to give to the trucking company. The TM says it's 310.5" tall, but I am assuming that is not with super singles. Anybody know what the height might be? Thanks

You can't have it shipped, it's over 25 feet tall.

Triple C

We are all entitled to those moments, I will measure my 925 tonight and give you a specific height if that will help. I can pm you about 8-9 tonight.

two.fiveM35

I just searched "height" and in 1 minute of scrolling through the list, I found this thread.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?102730-How-tall-is-the-M923&highlight=height

What search terms did you look for, how long did you search for? Just wondering.
doghead that thead just had alot of bitching back and forth, and it only told me that it was 116" running on 11.00x20 NDT's. My TM says it's 121" tall, without stating if it was with super singles or not. I did my search using "M923A1 height" and it pulled up alot of info but not what I was looking for. I have never had much luck with the search function, but in the past before you would post the thread , it would pop up a few thread that were simular. That was always useful, but it didn't happen this time. Thanks,Eric

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post #5 said 121", from a reputable vendor, answering the same exact question(truck model) as you.

121" to the top of the cargo cover.If you buy a truck,you better buy manuals so these guys dont bust your balls.

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I believe it is 10 feet tall by 8 feet wide not including mirrors and 26 feet long weight 21k lbs. I used that for the shipping companies before with no complaints

Triple C

Just put a tape on the 925, it is 120 inches to the top of the roller on the spare tire crane. I don't have bows and tarp. The tires are fully inflated 1400's. Hope that helps.

sandcobra164

I just searched "height" and in 1 minute of scrolling through the list, I found this thread.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?102730-How-tall-is-the-M923&highlight=height

What search terms did you look for, how long did you search for? Just wondering.
I hate the thread you linked to got closed down. I would have offered the guy from Philly a one way trip to talk nasty in October at Durhamtown. There's alot of places to trip out there. To keep it thread related, I saw an M929 on a stepdeck roll into the base the other day and it was on 14.00's and I didn't see any concrete bits in the bed or damage to the cab protector so I believe it will fit in your case.

Scarecrow1

Mine is 10 ft to the top of the tire rack boom. I have seen many shipped on here even two at a time on the drop bed frames so you shouldn't have a problem.

markmontana

Just unloading these now- no problem with height on a step deck. If shipping on a regular flat bed, they are designed to have the upper items remove easily. The spare davit has 4 bolts, the soft top comes off and the frame is easy to remove, the windshield folds down, and the exhaust stack has one bolt. 2 guys and 20 minutes.

IMG_2572.jpgIMG_2573.jpgIMG_2574.jpg

:grd::grd::grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks