• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello and introduction

hound46

Hello steelsoldier members. I found this sight researching an m1101 purchase. Great reading and thanks for all the information. I'll be pulling one home from Ft. Leonard wood via central Missouri to NW Missouri. I traded an old pickup for a Toyota FJ Cruiser and needed something to replace my truck bed. I have auction pics and buyer pics, but unless someone is interested I'll post pics when I get it back with it in early March. image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try using "go advanced" at bottom of page, it will let you go to your photo files easer I use it .

hound46

This is it. $900 on the road. Please tell me I did ok.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would say so I see them start at 600 to 800 on eBay, but if you are going to keep it that's ok.
A lot of folks change them to 12v lights, you can leave the lights in it just change lamps and plug.
A real clean one I see too .

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice acquire! I'll second the thought of how clean it looks.

Looks like a good buy to me. Show me a $900 civilian trailer that can match the one you are getting. Welcome to our hobby from PA.
:ditto:

In Utah I believe that'd be an expected price for a nice, clean, lighter trailer like that.

Personally, I would avoid modifying the military plug and wiring. I would use adapters (expensive though), or magnetic lights. Though I can see the magnetic lights becoming bothersome or in the way depending on your use. But it's yours and you can make it your own. ;)

Last edited:

hound46

Would a 2012 trailer like this be rigged with all LED lights? I'm kind of confused igrom my searches if that will be the case or the tail lights may be 24 volt non LEDs.

KansasBobcat

This is it. $900 on the road. Please tell me I did ok.
Yours looks great and is the latest production I have seen! I paid more for my first one but prices have dropped. In Texas there have been 40+ on some auctions which seems to bring the average price down. I've bought some for the radials and runflats. You paid 1/10 of what the government paid! I think you did fine on the deal. Would second the member that said leave the military wiring on it. See the trailer forum here for several solutions/conversions to 12V.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The clearance/ marker lights are LED, can't really tell on the tails. Welcome to the site from KS.

Piper Cub

Napa sells connectors that can be crimped onto a wire on one end and plug into the military wiring on the other. I just buy a trailer wiring harness from Harbor Freight, cut it about 6 feet in from the plug and put the connectors the ends. That way you can just unplug the military connector from the harness and plug in your regular one. Somewhere around here there is a post with part numbers and diagrams.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks