• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hello bought some 831a's

NATCAD

Hi everybody,

You have a great forum here in steel soldiers, I have learned alot from reading so far.

I am the proud owner of some mep-831a's I am in the process of changing oil, oil filters, and fuel filters, units LOOK to be in great shape and I will try load testing.

Batteries are all in units and dated 2013 - they were all un hooked when put in storage, but the voltage is running 14-16v on all of them.

My 5 step intelligent battery charger which has a 24 v setting gives an error when connected and will not charge.

Is it worth trying to salvage or rebuild the 24 v cell or should I just proceed to order the SLA-12V18-X2 ?

Question does anyone have any experience with this battery and 200 cold cranking amps being enough for cold starts -5 F and colder?

Also, does anyone have a recommendation where I can purchase 2 x fuel caps, mine are missing.

http://www.batterymart.com/p-12v-18ah-sealed-lead-acid-battery-2pk.html