• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello Deuce owners- should I get one?

appalacious

What can I say, I love big trucks.
My question is, what are the PROS of having a deuce?
I don't own one currently, but I've been eyeing them and they're really starting to grow on me.
All I have right now is an M1009. Which I love, especially now that I got it running good. But those deuce + 1/2's are high. Really high. I like that.

By the way, I'm an engineer, so I don't see me using this for work. But what are some other uses?

I don't care so much for cons, they annoy me. Just give me the pros.

Practical responses are appreciated (and required I guess, for this thread to be worthwile) but cool-factor responses are most appreciated.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
practical, holds a lot of mulch, can unstick (or break in half) your CUCV when you get it stuck

also they are easy to find in the parking lot

mcmullag

Pros of having a deuce........others in traffic, look at you with concerned looks (kinda funny). Anywhere you go, vets walk up to you and tell you stories. If you can get into parades or events, like displays and airshows, etc. you really get lots of people coming to you with questions. It is fun to relay the history of the vehicle to folks. A military vehicle club really helps out if you can find one , for events to go to.........

appalacious

You will ALWAYS have something to ask for-for christmas.
lol. I love that one.

Pros of having a deuce........others in traffic, look at you with concerned looks (kinda funny). Anywhere you go, vets walk up to you and tell you stories. If you can get into parades or events, like displays and airshows, etc. you really get lots of people coming to you with questions. It is fun to relay the history of the vehicle to folks. A military vehicle club really helps out if you can find one , for events to go to.........
Now this I can appreciate. It would be awesome to get into some parades/events. But people already look at me with concerned looks. Still don't know why....

Last edited:

DeuceNewb

Today I was driving mine to a friends place and pulled up next to a Ferrari 360 spyder convertible. Everyone at the intersection that was checking out the Ferrari turned their heads to look at me, including the driver of the Ferrari. So the way i see it, deuce = more cool points than a Ferrari :) Also, when the weather gets warm, it's pretty sweet to cruise around with the top down in a huge truck.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Stop up for haspin this year. Its gonna be the celebration of SS 10yr anniversary. BIG turn out. Trails for your 1009 too. Take my deuce for a spin if you want, them you'll be hooked.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great for bringing home landscape. Can run really cheaply on UMO and Tranny fluid to name a few. Excellent travelling vehicle. All mechanical and at 55 MPH you can see alot. Low tires are never a problem, think of it as a portable air compressor. I like the jaw drop effect it has on stuck 4x4 owners. I frequently stop when someone is stuck and ask if they need assistance. I tell them I have something at home that might help. When I show up, the jaw drop effect happens. 16' lumber is easy to haul if you need it. Great for taking scrap to the chipper too. With a deuce, the 09 and a towbar, it's real easy to shuffle vehilces by yourself too. Also a great WSHTF bugout trucks. Another nice thing is manual steering, keeps most schleps from borrowing your iron. Makes a nice high and dry campsite too, just watch that first step. I could go on and on!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks