• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello form Upstate NY

13bravo

I just joined the other day, and am in the process of getting an M274 Mule. I have already been a collector of other militaria, mostly Dummy rounds and some other things like field phones.
I spent a couple years in the Army during the Clinton years. I was in Artillery and now when thinking back on it, the Army used to use old decommissioned military vehicles as targets for a variety of weapons systems.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, so you're the one who was shooting them up?

;-)

Welcome aboard.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site , Once you get the "MV BUG " one is NOT enough ! This is a great site ,with LOTS of good people and a ton of info on just about any MV . Take the time to learn and use the system and have FUN . I would also recommend you get hooked up with any local military club in your area . bob k

LanceRobson

Welcome to the site. You are right in the area of the Hudson-Mohawk group of the NY-PENN Military Vehicle Collectors Club. If you are interested in checking them out shoot me a PM and I'll send you the contact info and when/where the next meeting date is.

Lance

FP1201

I always get a kick out of the folks that call anything above the Hudson "upstate" it's three and a half more hours North to my house in Northern NY from there. My oldest son just bought a '71 Kieser M35 from a friend: posting the price could be construed as trolling, and that's not me.

13bravo

I always get a kick out of the folks that call anything above the Hudson "upstate" it's three and a half more hours North to my house in Northern NY from there. My oldest son just bought a '71 Kieser M35 from a friend: posting the price could be construed as trolling, and that's not me.
Actually I almost consider anything above NYC upstate, just because when we New Yorkers say we are from New York people instantly think we are from NYC.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FP1201 , could not agree with you more , when I tell people I am from NY , they ASSUME that you are talking about NYC , we are 450 miles from NYC! , I am 8 miles from Canada ! any way , hope to be in Tennessee soon .

FP1201

FP1201 , could not agree with you more , when I tell people I am from NY , they ASSUME that you are talking about NYC , we are 450 miles from NYC! , I am 8 miles from Canada ! any way , hope to be in Tennessee soon .
We live in Adams, which is ~30 miles S. of the T.I. Bridge. We're considering TN, but nothing's really going to happen for a couple years.

Last edited:

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Politics and guns - REALLY!

....then again, NY passed the "SAFE Act" which is some seriously draconian firearms & ammunition law; if we don't get it repealed, then the time table is moving up.....

Rather than hit the "Report Post" I thought I'd give my 2c.... I too am in "UpState" NY, but I feel that your post crosses the no political posts line and the firearms line on this - a military vehicle forum............JUDGES?

How about someone saying "we should repeal the second ammendment"! That would sure spark a debate but I'm not going to even suggest that since it is not why I joined SS.

NY sucks because of taxes - but it's my home (now) and I like everything else...

Welcome neub - sorry for semi hi-jacking the thread.

Last edited:

FP1201

Sorrry, it's such a hot topic right now and since we were speaking of where we live and where we want to move to.... This web site has been a little tricky for me to navigate. It took a while to even find the "search" function seems some of the color scheme and font size is difficult for me to descern.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Indeed, that would be a political issue(and a rule violation).

Adams you say, I'm 15 minutes from there.

I have always considered the Thruway the divider for "upstate".