• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Alabama!!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am completely new to military vehicles, and am hoping to pick up some valuable information in this forum. Looking to buy my first Humvee sometime this year, and I will need a lot of help learning about these vehicles before I make my purchase, which is why I'm here!

Thanks!
Hello 67Mustang !

Get yourself on over to the Technical Manual section when you start getting serious. There are "-10" books that are the "owners guide" (Operators Manual) there. They will help make you able to talk the talk when somebody has questions for you or if you want to ask here. There "-24" (parts) books too, so if you want to know what to buy if something is missing and what it might cost. There are even starting instructions there. Might be a really good spot to start your adventure.

Look around in the Classified Sections too. There are vehicles for sale. That will give you an idea what things are selling for. You can buy from some folks, jump in and drive it home. Others sell a running machine and you figure out the rest over time. Buying at auction might cost less. Maybe. You could get a "pig in a poke" or not. It's all just the difference in the dollars you are willing to spend. It might be luck too, but I don't much believe in luck...

There are a bunch of folks here that are willing to make suggestions. Pictures posted here with a comment about what you are considering will get you more help faster. A picture is worth a thousand words for sure!

WELCOME to the outfit!

Looking forward to seeing you behind the wheel of your new to you toy soon!

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site! Best of luck and do what Mullaney said!

A little clarification... (this confused me at first)... the -10 and -24 he speaks of are the last numbers of the tech manual.

For instance, the first one he speaks of, the "-10" is actually numbered "TM 9-2320-387-10"

Hope this helps!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site! Best of luck and do what Mullaney said!

A little clarification... (this confused me at first)... the -10 and -24 he speaks of are the last numbers of the tech manual.

For instance, the first one he speaks of, the "-10" is actually numbered "TM 9-2320-387-10"

Hope this helps!
Thanks kendelrio

Strange how it works...
I hadn't given much thought to knowing that somebody might not know about "-10" and "-24" not being clearly communicated. Next time I rattle on like that, I will be sure to make the info a little more specific. Can't improve though if somebody doesn't say so I DO APPRECIATE the feedback!

HMMWV1123

I am completely new to military vehicles, and am hoping to pick up some valuable information in this forum. Looking to buy my first Humvee sometime this year, and I will need a lot of help learning about these vehicles before I make my purchase, which is why I'm here!

Thanks!
when you decide to buy, I have a street titled M1123 for sale.

Attachments

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know very little about the Humvee other than they are pretty awesome vehicles. Welcome from the swamps of North Florida.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks