• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Alaska

Jake from

Like the title says that's where I'm from. Born on an island and raised in the city. If I was any more Alaskan I'd be a polar bear or possibly a porcupine probably. But that's three more P's than necessary so who knows?

At any rate I would like to say that this site is amazing. The amount of information available has been a great help with my own truck which is a1969 Duece and a half.

I bought it on a whim about fifteen years or so ago. For awhile I drove it almost exclusively but for the most part it's been sitting in a yard for a majority of the time I owned it. At first because I was away. Than later because of a debilitating injury. I've thought about selling it for quite a few years but never went through with it.

So, long story short and despite my lingering limitations I've decided to start a project around the old truck.

I'm gonna turn it into an RV and hopefully live in it full time. Even in the winter. Especially in the winter. Something I can go anywhere with and be comfortable doing it. Sort of like a luxury moose buggy but street legal.

At this point I'm not sure if this is something I can realistically do, so I'll just keep going until the world says otherwise.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome Jake, been through Wasilla on a fishing trip. Your project sounds fun. The deuce might be a little heavy to be considered a buggy. With the right camper on it, should keep you comfy and warm.
JC

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from a fellow deuce owner! It's heartwarming to read about your deuce. I hope you're able to make all the modifications to it that you'd like. Please start a thread and post even the littlest of things you do (and wherever you travel to!) so that we can read, follow, and enjoy!

71DeuceAK

Welcome from another Alaska member! I almost bought a 1968 Deuce myself this past April as my first vehicle, so I can feel for the daily driver part. I still plan on getting a Deuce or 5 ton, possibly as a first vehicle and daily driver.
The one I almost bought would have not only been my first car and daily driver, but it looked like I was going to be a long distance commute too. Feel Free to PM me if you want to small talk

AZK9

Hi Jake... Welcome from Arizona! [thumbzup]

My deuce is a 1970 and every time I work on it I learn something new about the truck and... myself!

There's a lot of helpful information on this forum. Great folks too!

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard Jake from central Illinois! Good luck with your modifications to the deuce!! Winter camper in Alaska? Sounds like a specialty item. =)

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Nor. Cal. Sounds like a good project. You'll find plenty of good ideas on this site that match your plans.

wilkusmcrecon

wilkusmcrecon, How is your project going? If you need help let me know. I'm working on getting a M923A2 or M1078 hope to pick one up in May drive to Seattle and ferry her home.

Chris Wilkinson
907 671 9573

snowtrac nome

welcome to you to from out here in Nome, there is an old NG buddy on mine bought out a tractor repair shop in the butte, he could be a wealth of good info for you

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks