• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from amelia, va!

JMPM35A2

Hello all, my name is Jon, and I have a problem. A 2 1/2 ton problem. Since I learned of these beasts Ive done nothing but read up on SS on everything. Finally a buddy and I are bringing home a M35A2C this Sunday from a private owner. She has air transfer case, winch, and a soft top. Looking forward to learning a lot more on here, and looking forward to maybe making it to a spring rally.

61sleepercab

Welcome from Wild Wonderful West Virginia!!! Good to have you aboard the site. Be careful with your recovery, pretrip your green iron ,checking fluids, rubber brakes and lights. I really like steering and stopping on things I drive especially about 14,000 pounds of US Iron! Remember these beasts do not turn or stop on a dime, take it easy and keep lots of space between you and crushable items. Have fun! Mark

JMPM35A2

I checked her over pretty good. Already have a ton of tools and fluids to take with us on the recovery. Love the "crushable items" term. Will post pics when we get her home. Thank you to all the members that may help me out in the future.

hklvette

welcome from Christiansburg! Be sure to put your location (city & state) in your profile. Them's the :rules:

Treat it like you're driving a piece of large machinery and you'll be fine. Treat it like its a pickup truck, and you'll have problems.

andy3

Until you get used to the truck it is always better to be slow, and safe rancher than tragic. Take you time and you will be rewarded. I lived just down the road from you in Powhatan for 5 years. beautiful country up there.

JMPM35A2

Until you get used to the truck it is always better to be slow, and safe rancher than tragic. Take you time and you will be rewarded. I lived just down the road from you in Powhatan for 5 years. beautiful country up there.
yea been here my whole life of 31 years. I love it. Yea we have about 10-15 miles of some slow back roads to get used to it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks