• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Bagram.

CoolMaster

Hello Steel Soldiers family,

Let me start off by saying I am brand new here. I currently dont have a MV, but am going to pick up an M35 when I return home. I am currently in Afghanistan and have been researching all mods I someday wish to complete.

I have been educating myself on the "bobbed" area of this form, and love all the rigs I have seen. Thank you all for putting such great references on the web for "cherries" like myself.

Well gents Merry Chirstmas, and a Happy New Year. Over-and-out, hope to meet some of you sometime soon.

CoolMaster.

Blood_of_Tyrants

Thank you for your service to our country. If being at Bagram is like being onboard a Navy ship, there isn't anything to do when you are off duty so you end up saving a bunch of money. I have bought a winch truck, but I think that instead of paying the extra grand for a PTO driven winch, I am going with a hydraulic winch which won't cost much more.

cbvet

Thanks for keeping Christmas safe for us here at home!
I spent Christmas in VietNam over 40 years ago, but I remember how it felt. You'll be alright.

When you get back, hook up here & take advantage of all the experience this site offers.
Eric
CBVET

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the Service. You'll get plenty of ideas for your Deuce. Your there where you can see first hand, all kinds of MV's that we hear about, but rarely see. Good Luck, and keep us Posted.

Welcome CoolMaster! Thank you for your service and we wish you a Merry cCristmas and a Happy New Year. You should try and get in touch with dc3coyote. He is on this site. Take care and be careful. You could not have picked a better site for the hobby. Forgot gunner01 is from your neck of the woods,maybe he's a close neighbor.

Last edited:

BLK HMMWV

Welcome

Welcome to SS .
Like many have said before me.
Thanks for your service.
Please pass on our warmest wishes for a Safe and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you over there.
BH

littlebob

Welcome to the site CoolMaster! Thankyou for your service and stay safe. Most of the questions we ask have already been answered, but there always plenty of helpful people here to answer any questions you can't find the answers to. Have a Merry Christmas

panshark

Thank you for your service! Might serve you well to start watching GL auction lots out of Hill AFB now, so that you know what you can get conveniently in the west. It's a very different market than, say, the southeast.

CoolMaster

dc3coyote.
I am on the F/L, Right accross from warrior complex. Every day, I walk passed a "GAINT" stack of 395/85R20's (XZL's) HEMITT Wheels too! on my way to the chow hall. I wish every time I could just take 4 and be on my way!!!!! My next time I will snap a pic, so you all can see the size of the stack.

Srjeeper

CM, welcome aboard SS, follow your training in the sand box, keep checkin in here and if at all possible hook up with DC3.

He'll show you around there and on SS.

Both you guys stay safe, your in our thoughts and prayers and our holiday wish is for you all to come home soon!!

Merry Christmas men...we appreciate what you and your families are going thru...[thumbzup]

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. I spent the holidays overseas in '77/78 on my avatar.

Stay safe and thanks for carrying the torch and keeping the rest of us safe.

sw

dc3coyote.
I am on the F/L, Right accross from warrior complex. Every day, I walk passed a "GAINT" stack of 395/85R20's (XZL's) HEMITT Wheels too! on my way to the chow hall. I wish every time I could just take 4 and be on my way!!!!! My next time I will snap a pic, so you all can see the size of the stack.
Sounds good CoolMaster! take care,hope you can connect with dc3coyote.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks