• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello From Beavercreek Oh

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah, yes sir, my wife is from New Lebanon, I know right where you are. We are just off 35 at North Fairfield Rd

Thanks for the welcome guys. I've got some neighbors it looks like. I'd like to check out some of the larger trucks if anyone local has anything. No real schedule of course, just to see what I might want in the future.
Sorry to hear that about your wife, I went to Valley View. :)

Easy to know where I am since for some reason the camo paint doesn't hide the trucks very well in front of the barn.

If BigMike gets back here again I'll buy him pizza.

If Recovry4x4 gets up here I'll check the temps in he11 because I'm sure it will be colder. Nuttin' but love buddy.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to hear that about your wife, I went to Valley View. :)

Easy to know where I am since for some reason the camo paint doesn't hide the trucks very well in front of the barn.

If BigMike gets back here again I'll buy him pizza.

If Recovry4x4 gets up here I'll check the temps in he11 because I'm sure it will be colder. Nuttin' but love buddy.
Keep your thermometer on hand. My parents are buried there, I'm 700 miles closer and I sold my job.

spowers1

Well I lost the first response I typed up, so here goes again. I've heard a lot of different stories, and it varies from state to state, and Ohio isn't always friendly in regard to title/BMV issues. You would think after a Highway Patrol inspection, proving the vehicle has headlight/tail/brake,mirrors etc, that is can be deemed roadworthy. We have no Echeck where I live anymore, and I see a lot worse crap on the roads in the form of "kit cars" and 1977 VW powered "sand rails" that are titled just fine, but an ex-military 3 ton truck can't be...

Here is a response I got when I inquired with the main branch of the BMV in Columbus Ohio.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Powers

In order to title an ex-government vehicle, you will need the SF97 with your name and address listed in the transferee section. You will also need to contact the Ohio State Highway Patrol to schedule a VIN inspection. Then take the SF97, the VIN inspection form and your driver’s license to any Ohio county title office, where you can purchase a title for $15.00 plus sales tax on the purchase price.

Please be aware that titling and then registering an ex-government vehicle, such as the AM General Humvee that you mention, does not guarantee that it will be legal to drive on streets and highways in Ohio. In particular, if the SF97 describes it as an off-road vehicle, then you should assume that there is no possibility that the state of Ohio would reclassify it as roadworthy.

If you require further assistance, please call our Ohio state titles section at 614-752-7671.

Respectfully,

Barbara
Customer Service Assistant 2
Title Support Section
614-752-7671"

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Their response is correct. If you want friendlier BMV service drive out to Eaton. Even though I live 20 miles from that office I go there because there is almost never a line and they are nicer than any in Dayton.

I could sell you a Deuce to see if you like MVs in the first place. Anything bigger and your trailer will look funny behind. :)

spowers1

Oh there's no doubt I like MV's...been around them most of my life. I'm going to delay buying something until spring anyway. My current house is only a 4 car garage, on 1/2 acre with a 120ft driveway. My 11.5 acre property on the other hand, will have much larger indoor storage! I'm really trying to learn the ropes right now and see what's worth fighting the battles over with the BMV. I do appreciate the tip SW! The one in Xenia usually isn't too bad, but "the law is the law" I guess.

Is there any problems with the BMY M923A2's being roadworthy? I see them from time to time, so I'm ASSuming not, but I'm new, please educate me.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 939 series is much bigger than the 809 series and they are bigger than the Deuces. The best thing about all the 5-tons is power steering although the Deuce I have left feels like it has it as well.

There are a lot of threads on the differences and the pros and cons.

CW3Topher

Holy Smokes Big Mike, thought I would never see o anyone mention Cassanos on here. I miss that pizza too, oh my! Sorry for the derailment guys.

Have Steve add to the list to bring to GA: White-Castle burgers, Mike-Sells potato chips, and some Ester Price chocolate covered cherries.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can get frozen White Castles. Never much cared for Mike-sells chips. Esther Price chocolates? None for me thanks. Of all the local foods in the tri state area (Skyline included). Cheese pizza travels best. Would love a Marions deluxe pie too but they don't travel well.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was hijacked, mostly by me. Sorry spowers1, I just got excited when Big Mike said Cassano's. Standing down.

Another Ahab