• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Centreville, Maryland. TexanOnTheMove is in the house!

TexanOnTheMove

Hello everyone in Steel Soldiers!
I discovered this forum while searching for TM's and parts for my first military 5 Ton I've purchased through GL recently. Looking through the sight, I've already found lots of useful and interesting information, so I joined the site.

A little about myself:
I'm a retired SFC (25P) with a little over 20 years of service. Being your typical shade tree mechanic, I love to work on cars, motorcycles and trucks. Growing up in Texas on a ranch, I've operated and worked on about every type of farm and heavy equipment there is. Now that I've settled here in Maryland, I've always wanted a 5 Ton truck to play with! I was lucky enough to win the bid for my first military truck I've ever purchased or bid on!

It's a 1992 BMY, M934A2 5-Ton, 6x6 Expansible Truck Van.

It seams to be in good running condition from the video and pics GL posted. I'm going to pick it up next week in Delaware and hope I'm able to drive it home.

I was wanting to know if there are certain things I should be aware of and look out for when inspecting the truck and prepping it for the drive home.
Does anyone know of a good insurance agency that insures these Military 5 Tons and about how much it would cost? I've already submitted inquires to some local insurance agencies, but it's the weekend and I won't receive anything until Monday.

Thanks,
TexanOnTheMove
New M934A2 owner

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks