• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Dallas

shack

Hey all, new user here. I just wanted to introduce myself. I've decided to get myself a deuce and plan on doing a lot of question asking.

Thanks!

:beer:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SS Shack! You will find a lot of good information here. If you are interested in getting a Deuce, I recommend that you read as much as you can before jumping in.

91W350

If you can, jump in with somebody that has one and go for a ride. If you were closer, we could make a run out into the county and you could drive around for a while. Some guys hate driving them, I think it is a blast. Glen

shack

thats good advice. Theres actually a guy out here in Waxahatchie, a close suburb of DFW, who has quite a few for sale. I plan on talking to him quite a bit and making friends.

Vintage Military Trucks Home Page

Some guys hate driving them, I think it is a blast. Glen
Thats a generous offer. If I'm ever up that way, I might give you a call. Side Note: Why would someone have a truck that they hate to drive? Just to complete the collection?

dskchevy

Let me Know if you want to start with a M1009 blazer...... I have mine on craigslist Feb 8..
I tryed to put on here but would not upload pic's

shack

:) yeah, i kinda figured that would be the case. I figure I'm at least a year or more away from a purchase... I'm hoping to get a house in the mean time with a large garage... really large

thanks for the offer dsk... I got a fever for big iron though.

jeep-Jeep

Hey shack
there are alot of us in Texas .(So welcome from TEXAS :beer:)
The prices are a bit higher since less are sold and lots of northners like Texas trucks for some reason ,May be the lack of rust .:-|

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The West Texas Detachment of the SteelSoldiers welcomes the new guy "Shack' from Dallas aboard :) Find a bunk, stow your gear and prepare to get underway :driver: As previously suggested, SEARCH and READ all you can. If you have questions, SEARCH and READ then ASK. That's why you're being directed to find a bunk.... You'll have a place to kick back and READ rofl:doh:

Also, you will quickly discover that SteelSoldiers love to "eat" pictures.... be sure to post some every now and then or they might get agitated and start saying.... nopics

Anywaze... Welcome aboard :!:

BTW - There are three links in my signature below that you might find interesting READing.

Flyingvan911

Welcome from Missouri. Good work on doing research before buying a deuce. They take some work to maintain but they are lots of fun. I love mine!!!

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shack,
I'll add my welcome as well.

We are moving to the Dallas area. NOW. So I'll be lookin to hook up with some MV'ers from the greater DFW areas.

I'm also considering starting my own MV club. I'm gonna call it the MVCC - Military Vehicle Collectors Club.

I even have a logo.

ANYWAY, welcome and I can't wait to meet some of youse guys in Texas.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks