• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello From Hawaii!

Polymerc

Hey guys;

Active duty but got the bug and bought a M923A2, haven't picked it up, but will be a drive from Wisconsin to Washington state. Many different reasons I bought in Wi, mostly because my brother wanted to do a road trip with me, and also because my parents have stuff they need picked up. I have been lurking around a bit and guess I will post in the road trip section to see if people need stuff moved or will be around in case I have trouble.

m923A2.jpg

Polymerc

Actually I rotate out in about a year, so its going to stay on my parents land. It will be a sad day to leave her in Washington, but makes coming back home on leave all that much sweeter. Plus I would hate to pay for the gas for that monster in Hawaii. WAY more expensive out here.

HASSON1911

Congrats! I was actually keeping an eye on that truck to see what she went for! I highly recommend Jeff to remove your truck from the base, store it and check it over, only a $100 to do that and its worth about twice that just in the headache and worries it saves! Jeff Laumer at 262-227-2967

Congats again and am looking forward to your trip!

Polymerc

Actually my brothers will be using/restoring some of the truck. There is rust on the back bumper but appears to be no where else. I am from Snohomish, WA.

@Hasson1911: Thanks for the advice I think I will give him a call once I get the registration and insurance settled out.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just finished a three month project closing down a big box store over at the Ala Moana Mall. It's a heck of a nice island but $$$ for everything. Good luck with the new toy.

Polymerc

Wow had no idea, might actually like to talk to the guys that have the M923's to ask about some of the maintenance and common problems. And get familiar with the vehicle before I go pick mine up.

fuel can

Just remember that this is not the reliable M35. It has alot more electronics and the engine is not multi-fuel. We picked ours up when they came out of surplus. Lucky for us, we won one of the pick of the litter, a 2006 with 800 miles on it. The bridge plates were still in a box in the rear seat compartment.

Polymerc

Now that doesn't inspire alot of confidence for my truck. LOL hopefully I will make the trip.

What would you recommend that I check before I drive that long ways away?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks