• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Michigan!

Spartan Inferno

Hi everyone! I joined the site a long time ago when I was first interested in military vehicles, but I finally got around to buying one so it's time to start posting. Last summer I bought my 1969 Kaiser M35A2 from a guy in central Indiana, and drove it home to Michigan. He said that it was an Air Force truck when it was last in service, which you can kind of make out on the doors in the right lighting. It was in pretty good shape, and checked off all of my wants, with the exception of lacking a hard top. It's got the LDT 465-1D engine and the data plate says 1987, so that was nice to see.

I'm looking forward to learning more about the truck, figuring out what things were on it that have been removed over the years, and making some changes to it myself. Here are a couple of pictures from the driving it home and a couple of it out back on my property.

20170421_165941_HDR.jpg20170421_225418.jpg20170524_191958_HDR.jpg20170524_192206_HDR.jpg

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from saginaw ,1987 Air Force truck it should have the split brake system , that's a nice feature .

Spartan Inferno

Thanks for the welcomes! Porkysplace, sadly the truck doesn't have the split brake system, which is part of the reason I'm intrigued by it's history. It also doesn't help that a leak over the winter made the brakes currently inoperable.

Unrelated, but Saginaw is only an hour from me. Nice to know there' some fellow enthusiasts around here.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Ohio, nice truck. Fill brake reservoir, bleed, look for leaks. Drive to get a dinner in Frankenmuth.
Yeah there is a good pizza place on the north end of town , but I would stay away from the overpriced chicken dinners by the river. I would love to see Bill Zenders face with a deuce taking up 2 parking spots.

Spartan Inferno

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!

Welcome from Ohio, nice truck. Fill brake reservoir, bleed, look for leaks. Drive to get a dinner in Frankenmuth.
I am trying to upgrade instead of repair whenever possible, so I'm in the beginning phases of retrofitting a split brake system onto the truck.

Welcome from Missouri! Great looking truck!
Is that a winch and some chain on front?
Thank you! It is indeed a winch. Previous owner said it worked well, but I haven't had a reason to use it yet.

Another welcome from Ohio. Awesome truck! hope it brings lots of smiles!:p
It has brought a ton of smiles already! I've enjoyed cars since I was old enough to drive, but this thing is a different kind of fun.

Spartan Inferno

Thanks! My memory slipped in my first post, turns out the truck was last in use with the Navy, not the Air Force, which explains the brakes. I do want to hit the doors with some wet sanding to see if I can find a little history under the latest layer of paint.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks