• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from North Carolina!

BoostJack

Hi all,

My name is Holden. Recently picked up a 74 deuce soft top. I decided to get out of turbo V8 cars and get back to
my offroad roots.

Im currently living outside of Fort Bragg (not military), studying Forensic Science at a local university.

Be nice to find a group of MV owners on this side of the state.

CGarbee

Howdy from Raleigh.
The Denton Rally has been mentioned... Drop by if you can... I'll have my XM813 with the MKT in tow.

BoostJack

Thanks all. I heard about the Denton rally from Jim Henry surplus. Im hoping to attend. On a side note, Im having some braking issues. I replaced the air pack after reading about how common it is to go bad. It appears to be functioning now. Bled the entire system and holly crap, Ive seen some bad fluid but Ive never seen fluid go that rotten. Im almost certain it was mostly original fluid or the wrong stuff was put inside and it broke down dramatically. The PO had replaced the master cylinder and it looks to be either reman or brand new; it also appears that it may be leaking. Basically, If i press the pedal all the way down, it goes almost straight to the floor. I can pump it up but the pedal eventually becomes beyond pushable (the pedal) until I let off. Since I changed the air pack and bled the entire system down, its much better and can almost stop. Any ideas? might the master cylidner assembly be causing an issue?

Last edited:

w3azel

How did I miss this. Welcome to the area, if you can go to the NC rally that is coming up next weekend. Also takes lots of pics and share cause I can't make it. :sad:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks