• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from OK

HerbyJr

I've been a member here for quite awhile, but haven't posted much. I have a feeling all that's about to change, as we picked up this beauty this week. I look forward to getting to know ssome of you and learning a lot from you.

deuce 3 (2).JPG

deuce2.jpg

deuce1.jpg

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from OKC. We just had a Christmas Light Parade last night. Your rig would have looked great in it.

61sleepercab

Hey contact your seller, you have a axle missing and short 4 tires!!!!!!!!!! Looks like a good set up and bed looks like it belongs there factory. I have a Deuce and a 5 ton to play with. I am trading for a M109 shelter truck for a camper hauler combination. Have fun and post ofter. Mark from WV

HerbyJr

Hey contact your seller, you have a axle missing and short 4 tires!!!!!!!!!! Looks like a good set up and bed looks like it belongs there factory. I have a Deuce and a 5 ton to play with. I am trading for a M109 shelter truck for a camper hauler combination. Have fun and post ofter. Mark from WV
You are right, and I'm glad its already bobbed. This is a big job that I'd never find time to get around to. I'm not sure, but I may have paid extra to have them keep that extra axle. :)

HerbyJr

Welcome from Kansas City, MO. We have a rally each year in Wyandotte, OK. Search the forum for KAMO Rally.
Will do. I'd like to get to know some of you guys with similar interests.

I don't plan to do a lot to her, she really doesn't need it. I've got to improve the brakes, and add mirrors. She doesn't have even one mirror on her anywhere. I'd like to add the bows and canvas to the back just to have options when I want to haul something. Other than that, I just want her to be mechanically sound and able to play.

I picked up this truck in Vinita, OK. The story was that a kid used it to haul firewood everyday between towns in NE, OK. If anyone in the area knows anything about this truck, let me know!

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome.

HerbyJr

So from the stupid newby question file, these trucks are full time 4wd, right? I'm still learning here. Also, can someone tell me where to pick up an inexpensive shaft for my winch? Mine is missing. Hopefully, that's the only thing wrong with the winch.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your truck is not full-time 4wd. It will either have a sprag transfer case or an air-shift unit. The air shift has a switch on the bottom center of the dash.
Have you downloaded the free tech manuals for your truck? Almost everything in the manuals still apply.

For the shaft you may not find an inexpensive one. You can put a WTB add in the classifieds.

You may want to start a new thread and discuss all the issues/repairs for your truck.

Last edited:

HerbyJr

Thanks Warhog,

I'm guessing that we have the sprag based on this dash plaque, but it's also what made me think it was full time 4WD. Since the pick only shows low and high, not a 2WD option. I'll look for the manuals.

Attachments

merlot566jka

The transfer case air shift switch would be in the middle bottom of the dash with a red indicator above the switch. If you have it. If you don't see that, you have a sprag.

Welcome! I just moved from Edmond to Fort Worth. Great group of guys! I may visit soon!

Which reminds me... Warthog... I owe you for those sockets! And I got a buddy who is interested in that one truck you were going to scrap... He wants the engine and drivetrain for a project...

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your truck seems a bit short!
Let's do the math:
(6 x 6) - (2 x 2) = 4 x 4 BOBBER
Yup, it all works out!

NICE TRUCK ! ! !

I see you'be been around since July 2012....
Glad you've gotten to dive in to the hobby with some real GREEN IRON now.

HerbyJr

Thanks Cold Warrior. I joined a while ago, to sell a 24v winch that I bought for a M151. Both the winch and the m151 are long gone, but I know we'll have some fun with this little bobber.

HerbyJr

The transfer case air shift switch would be in the middle bottom of the dash with a red indicator above the switch. If you have it. If you don't see that, you have a sprag.

Welcome! I just moved from Edmond to Fort Worth. Great group of guys! I may visit soon!

Which reminds me... Warthog... I owe you for those sockets! And I got a buddy who is interested in that one truck you were going to scrap... He wants the engine and drivetrain for a project...
Thx Merlot. Know you have me thinking it's the air switch type. The truck is at my buddy's shop at the moment, so all I have is pic to look at, but I do see a red indicator light at the bottom of the dash.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks